Forty-Five.

-Justin's POV-

Pulling up into Kacey's driveway, I killed the ignition. "Thank you," she said while collecting her things. Before she could get out of the car, I stopped her.

"Kacey, I just want you to know that I'm sorry. About everything and I miss you," I admitted to her.

"I'm sorry too," she said and got out, closing the door behind her. I sighed. Will I ever get her back?

I watched her as she opened the door to the house and went inside. She didn't even look back as she went inside, she just closed the door behind her.

Cutting back on the car, I drove out of the driveway and out of the gate. I looked at the time and saw that it was 11:12. I needed to go get ready for work.

Making my way to Ryan's house, I pulled up into the driveway, killing the engine. I took the key out of the ignition and unbuckled my seat belt.

I got out and closed the door behind me, locking the car with my key fob. I walked up the stairs to the front door and opened it. Thanking God  that Ryan left the door unlocked.

I closed the door behind me, locking it. I dragged myself into my room and just collapsed on the bed. It was a stressful morning.

I was exhausted.

Not physically, mentally. This whole thing was eating me alive.

I grabbed my phone and saw that Ryan texted me.

'Don't be late. Apparently we have a meeting at 12:30 today so...'

I didn't reply back and went through my gallery. I clicked on an album labeled Kacey and I ❤️️.

Mostly it was pictures of Kacey.

I scrolled to the very top and saw the first picture that I took of her when we went on the hiking trail.

I smiled at the memory

I smiled at the memory. We had so much fun. Where did the time go?

I scrolled through picture after picture. Why did I put myself in the predicament?

I'm so fucking stupid.

I decided not to torture myself any longer and get ready for work. I went into the closet and grabbed my suit, socks, and shoes. I placed them on the bed and going into the bathroom.

I turned the water on, stripped off my clothes, and got in. The warm water instantly hitting me. I hurriedly but thoroughly took my shower, got out, got dressed and looked at the time.

11:32.

'Might as well go in early.'

I grabbed my keys, phone and suitcase and walked out my bedroom. Down the hall, I texted Kacey to let her know to take her medicine and all of it. I also texted Cookie and Mel to check on her when they have time to see if she took it.

God knows Kacey is stubborn as hell.

Walking out of the door, I locked the door behind me and closed it. I pressed unlock on my key fob while walking to my car.

I opened the door and tossed in my suitcase. Climbing in, I cranked up the car and before backing out I heavily sighed.

'Lord please let my baby girl know I'm sorry and that I Iove her.'

I looked down at my engagement ring. Grabbing my wallet, I opened it. I flipped it upside down and there they were.

Her engagement and promise ring.

They still looked as dull as ever. Like they lost their lifeline, just like I did. I placed them back into my wallet and put my wallet back into my pocket.

Time for work.

~~~~~

- Kareem's POV-

I was currently going through documents while my mother was still going through Kacey and Justin's wedding arrangements. She still doesn't know what happened between them.

Hell nobody knows.

I didn't want to tell my dad what happened because... well... y'know.

Hell Justin wouldn't even be alive right now if my dad found out what happened. But eventually they would find out. It wasn't my place to tell anybody that though.

Well I only told Mel but I knew she would tell Cookie but I didn't tell my parents and everyone else. Besides, Mel could see in my eyes that day at Justin's party that I was pissed off.

She practically dragged the truth out of me and she soon was pissed off as well. She was more pissed off at the fact that Justin fucked the girl after Kacey told him that she was pregnant.

I really needed to talk to my sister. I just needed to be there for her through this.

"Kareem have you talked to your sister? It's been weeks. I've been calling, texting, but she doesn't respond to anything. Is she okay?"

I just continued with my work, trying to think of the right words to say.

"Uhm, yea. I'll check on her tomorrow," I reassured Mother.

Mother smacked her lips. "All I'm saying is she could at least called. I want to know if she's okay along with my grandkids."

Me too. I wanted to beat the fuck out of him.

How the fuck could he do that to my sister?

After begging, pleading, and asking my father to give this nigga a chance and get to know him. That he was good for Kacey and he has changed.

But I guess some people never change.

I wanted to find out the name of that woman. Everything about her. Who was she to Justin?

Did they meet recently?

Oh I was going to find out and he was going to tell me.

I blew out a aggravated breath.

Kacey.

I know she is deeply hurt and I feel for her.

"Mom, she's just probably really sick or something. Don't worry. She's going to be absolutely fine," I said.

"I hope so," Mother mummered.

I second that.

"Excuse me mother," I told her while stepping out of the room. I grabbed my phone from my back pocket and unlocked it.

I clicked on phone and went through my contact list.

Hoe Ass Bitch. 🙄

~~~~~

Comments: 5+
Votes: 15+
🐾🐾🐾🐾