Eighty-Five.

- Kacey's POV -

"Doctor Johnson can you please leave us all alone for a second?" I asked him. He was standing in the corner, trying to be invisible to what was being unfolded.

He politely nodded at me, mouthing Good Luck to me. I gave him a small smile, signaling a thank you to him.

As soon as he left, I begin to explain them.

"All I remember was that I was playing laser tag with Justin and the kids ..." I stopped. I didn't tell anybody about my chest pains that I was having at all. Time to fess up.

"Uhm..." I twiddled my thumbs around each other. "I felt this familiar pain that I was seeming to have in my chest for the past years. I always past them off as heartburn because it felt like a heartburn but it wasn't. I still don't know till this day. And then I passed out," I said.

"Wh-what chest pains Kacey? Why haven't you told us?" Cookie asked, running her fingers through her hair.

"Justin why didn't you say anything?" My father asked. Justin gave a confused look, about to defend himself. Quickly holding my hands up, I waved to try to stop anything.

"Justin didn't even know. I didn't tell anybody for that reason. I didn't want anybody to worry at all. None of this is his fault. Do not blame him."

I hated when they do that. I have enough of Justin blaming himself as it is. I didn't need everybody jumping down his throat.

"What did Doctor Johnson said?" Ryan asked me.

"Uhm..."

"Daddy why does mommy have the sharp things in her arms?" Josiah asked Justin, interrupting me. I heard mother sniffling again. Looking around, I saw Kahlani trying to get in bed with me. Khalil picked her up and she was soon in bed with me, crawling to me.

"Mommy does it hurt? Daddy get that out of mommy! It's hurting her," Kahlani cried out. I soon scooped her up in my arms, cradling her. Soon Jamir was crying.

Justin grabbed Jamir in his arms and was trying to calm him down. Josiah didn't understand what was going on at all.

"Shhhh, baby it's okay. Look mommy is just fine. It doesn't hurt."

Khalil eyes soon became glossy. I never saw him cry before. As soon as I got Kahlani to stop crying, I intertwined our fingers together.

"So what did Doctor Johnson say?" Ryan asked.

"Well uhm .. they ran several tests on me and even did a cat scat and other things."

I took a deep breath. I felt my voice get shaky because I didn't want to hurt them with this God awful truth. I didn't want them to know at all but the truth was found to happen sooner or later.

"Baby," Justin said, he grabbed my other hand since my other was occupied by Kahlani. Looking in Justin's eyes, I broke.

"I only have three weeks to live."

~~~~~

- Justin's POV -

I felt my heart drop in my stomach. That's when I heard Mrs. Martin scream, yelling no.

I shook my head and Kacey begin to cry, cradling Kahlani. Mrs. Martin was crying so hard that Mr. Martin had to take her outside to calm her down. "Lord please. Not my baby," Mrs. Martin jumped up and down. "Please."

"Baby girl not you. No. It must be-"

"A mistake?" She said barely audible. "Justin it isn't. Let's face it. I know you don't want to believe it but baby there isn't a cure."

Kacey wiped my face cause apparently I was crying as well. Hell everyone was crying in the room. "Baby this was not supposed to be us. We were supposed to grow old and die together. Us raising the kids, us being happy."

They were supposed to have a cure by now. What the fuck?

"Don't be mad honey. Stop crying," I said.

"Kacey," I heard Kareem call his sister's name. "Kacey you can't do this. You can't leave us," he said.

Kacey gave Kareem a smug smile. "I'm sorry," she mouthed. Kareem shook his head. "Nah, not -. Excuse me," Kareem took Mel out of his lap, getting up out of his seat.

"Baby where are you going?" Mel asked him. Kareem didn't answer her. He just left out of the room.

"Just give him time," Chaz said. Mel placed her forehead in her hands, looking down at the floor.

"Can't they just withhold this whole thing?" Khalil asked me. I shook my head. "Doctor Johnson tried that two years ago but just like with the cure, he didn't know what he was missing with that. Besides my medicine wasn't really working in a while but he still told me to take them. Just not long ago, he even strengthened my dosage. As you can see, that didn't even work," Kacey said.

Kahlani turned and looked up to look at Kacey. "Don't cry mommy. I can't cry so you can't cry. We gotta be stwrong and big girls," she said. Kacey nodded.

"Mommy, did you put all the letters in the pain-"

Kacey placed her hands over Kahlani's mouth. She soon whispered something in Kahlani's and she nodded. Kacey took her hand away.

Soon Kahlani yawned in her arms. Kacey smiled down and laughed at her. Giving her a kiss, Kacey continued to smiled down at her.

"Baby girl, you and your mommy is strong," I told Kahlani.

Kacey puckered up her lips, wanting a kiss and I happily gave her one. We held it for a moment before letting it go.

"And it looks like she's sleepy and awwww, look at my little men."

Jamir and Josiah was asleep in Justin's arms. I smiled down at them.

God what are my kids going to do without her? Hell what am I going to do without her?

"Let me lay them down on the pull out bed," I said.

"I'll help," Ryan said.

Khalil helped as well by getting the pull out bed/couch. Ryan grabbed Jamir out of my hands and placed Jamir on the bed. I bought Josiah to the bed as well as Kahlani. "Can somebody ask the nurses to give us some blankets?" Kacey asked.

"I got it sweetheart," Mr. Martin said.

A little while later, a nurse bought us some blankets and I wrapped them around the kids. I then took my place back by Kacey's side.

She grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers. "It's going to be okay."

~~~~~

Comments: 4+
Votes: 15+
💍🌸💍🌸