Sixty-Eight.

-Kacey's POV-

The next three weeks were great. My life was going exactly how I wanted it. My birthday has passed but I really couldn't do anything seeming during that time I was still on bed rest so I just spent the day with my husband and kids, had cake and ice cream and presents of course.

But the week after I was good to go. Also during the course of that time was making some tweaks on our wedding arrangements and getting who we wanted to go to our wedding.

Like I said everything was going perfectly. But Justin was acting strange. It was as if he wanted to tell me something but shrugged it off. I've been overlooking it but it was sort of bothering me.

I was currently rocking Kahlani since she was being stubborn and wouldn't take her afternoon nap. Justin and Ursula helped me with Josiah and Jamir. They had no problem with that.

But this little girl ...

Lord.

I hugged. "Kahlani mommy wants to go shopping for a bit but she can't do that because you won't go to sleep," I said.

She had an expression on her face as if she was saying 'Ma I don't care.' I just looked at her and kept rocking.

"God please let her close her pretty little eyes so she can sleep," I pleaded

"God please let her close her pretty little eyes so she can sleep," I pleaded. I steadily rocked back my forth, my legs becoming tired from the constant motion. Looking down at my phone, I noticed it was 1:20 and I told Mel I was going to be at Jéverda at 1:30.

I sighed. I predicted that I was going to be late by the looks of this.

"How's it going?"

Looking up, Justin was in the doorway. He had his shoulder leaned against the threshold and he's feet was crossed.

"She won't sleep," I sighed. Justin came into to the room and walked directly in front of me. "I'll get her so you can catch up with Mel. Besides I think me and munchkin should have a little talk," Justin grabbed her out of my arms. "Don't you think so Kahlani?"

She just looked at Justin with her big brown eyes. I laughed. "Justin she doesn't understand what you are talking about," I told him while hauling my jacket on. Justin smacked his lips.

"Yes she does. She just not saying nothing yet because you are still in here. Leave so she can talk." I rolled my eyes.

He is so melodramatic.

"Whatever Justin." Standing my tip-toes, I reached up and gave Justin a kiss. He gave me one back but he kept giving me pecks after pecks.

"Bae I gotta go," I said. He laughed.

"See you soon love," he said.

Well that's something new. "See you soon." I blew him a kiss and headed downstairs. I grabbed my keys and purse on the way out and locked the door behind me.

I went over towards my car and got it, throwing my purse on the passenger side. I grabbed my phone out of my pants pocket and went straight to my messages. I went to Mel's name while getting into my car, closing the door behind me.

I shot her a quick text.

'Going to be late.'

I put on my seatbelt and put the key into the ignition, cranking up my car. I put my foot on the brake and put the car in reverse to back out of my driveway. Before I could leave, I got a text from Mel.

'Better you late than to not show up. Just hurry up child.'

I decided not to reply and back out of my driveway. Once I was out, I put my car into drive and shot out into the road.

~~~~~

I parked my car on the other side of the street away from Jéverda. I killed the engine and looked through the compartment for my shades. I wanted to feel like an uppity ass rich, white girl from this movie that I saw so I needed my shades.

I found them way down in the back. I grabbed them and closed the compartment back. The shades had some dust on them so I wiped them away with my shirt and placed them on my face.

I looked in the mirror to see how I looked in them.

Sexy of course. 😛

I grabbed my purse and keys and got out of the car, shoving the door shut behind me. I saw Mel across the street, phone in her hand. Obviously not paying attention. I waited for the traffic to clear up before I could cross the street.

But they were kind of being rude today.

Rude asses.

I had to wait almost two minutes before this kind driver stopped and waved his hand, signaling me to go.

I thanked him and jogged over towards the other side. Mel heard the patter of my feet and looked up. "It's about time," she rolled her eyes.

"Shut up. Mommy duties come first." Mel placed her phone into her pocket. "Understandable. I have to see my babies after we get done shopping. How long will they be sleep?" She asked me while we made our way into the store.

"Newborns sleep an awful lot. So no more than four hours. But I'm not staying here long," I told her. She nodded. "Plenty of time to do other stuff."

I nodded. I needed time of anyways.

We were looking for some things and getting what we wanted and having a good time. We talked about anything from me and Justin's wedding, to her relationship with Kareem which was going really well, and to our life all in general.

She was also telling me about how she was going to steal my kids away from me.

"Mel you can't take my own kids," I said for the fourth time.

"Yes I can," she said in a 'duh' tone.

I gawked. "How are you gon take my own kids away from me?"

"Because you was a surrogate mother," she said. I rolled my eyes. It seems like everyone was trying to take my kids.

"Girl if you don't-"

Before I could finish my statement, Mel hit me in my stomach. "Hey-"

"Look," Mel pointed. I turned and saw two females that I despised most on this planet.

~~~~~

Comments: 5+
Votes: 15+
♨️♨️♨️♨️