8

Viola immediately found the Slytherin Common Room as welcoming as it's inhabitants; not at all. Viola swallowed hard as she looked around at the dim, green lighting and the stiff, dark colored furniture. She found an odd urge to cry building in her chest. She'd dreamed for years about finding a home at Hogwarts, but this common room was not the one she had always envisioned.

"Your Dormitory is this way," said the Prefect girl with the broad smile, beckoning to Viola and the other three Slytherin girls in her year.

"I think we'll be able to find it on our own! Weren't stupid for heavens sake!" said one of the first years. She was the brown haired girl who had called Ginny "gingie".

The Prefect glanced back at the girl, her name was Morgana if Viola remembers correctly. The Prefect raised her eyebrows. "Well if you want to get lost, be my guest!"

The Prefect stood aside for the first years. Viola and the others followed Morgana up the stairs. Morgana seemed to be one of those people who had the infuriating habit of being right. She marched up the stairs to the girls dormitories.

"Oh look!" Morgana called loudly. "There is a sign right here that says 'First Years'. Wow, that was hard!"

Bertha guffawed then pushed the door open. Viola entered her new bedroom with wide, hopeful eyes. She immediately liked it much more than the Common Room. She strode across the room to the bed where her luggage had been placed. She pushed aside the green curtain in front of what had to be a window. A rush of delight flooded through her when she saw the view she got. Since the Common Room was under the lake, it looked out into the green murky water . What Viola liked best about this was the fish and other creatures she could watch swimming by. Viola pressed her hands up against the cold glass and looked out into the mysterious, green world before her.

BANG!

The door had been shut with tremendous noise. Viola jumped and whirled around. Bertha and the other girl in their year, Ava, had gone to their beds and it was obvious Morgana had shut the door.

"So let's talk about blood everyone," said Morgana with a smile that discomforted Viola. The girl crossed the room and sat on the edge of the fourth "I'm a Rosier and Bertha is a Bulstrode so obviously we're both pure bloods! How about you? I don't think Scarlett is a common Wizard name."

She was talking to Ava. Viola wasn't too pleased with her Dormitory companions. Bertha was scary and now it seemed Morgana was obsessed with blood. Ava, a pleasant looking girl with blonde hair and big blue eyes, was the only one who seemed like a potential friend. Viola was very disappointed that Ginny had been put in Gryffindor. But Viola still wanted to be friends with her. What her Father didn't know wouldn't hurt him.

"I'm a muggle born," said Ava without hesitation, in a pleasant way that told Viola Ava had no idea of the prejudice which some wizards held toward her kind.

Viola practically watched Morgana's lip curl up in disgust. Bertha let out a low noise that sounded incredibly close to a growl. Ava's eyebrows rose at this reaction. Then Morgana turned to Viola. Her gray eyes sparkled with interest.

"How about you? Lestrange is a last name I recognize. Do you happen to be related to Bellatrix Lestrange?" asked Morgana.

Viola opened her mouth and then hesitated. She understood what kind of person Morgana was. Just like her Fathers family, she was obsessed with blood. Viola's father Roderick had been disowned by his parents and brother years ago for several reasons. One was because, although he supported the Dark Lord, he was too cowardly to become a Death Eater. The second reason was because he had married a muggle. What Viola didn't know was her father had been just as anti-muggle as the rest of the family before he fell in love with the beauty of Ira Lestrange. Viola knew that the Lestrange's and Rosier's stayed in contact. There for the Rosier's surely knew all of Viola's fathers history. Viola knew what she had to do.

"Yes. She's my mother actually," Viola lied.

"Really?" said Bertha. Respect was dawning in both Bertha and Morgana's eyes.

Viola nodded. "Yes."

"That's wonderful! Three pure bloods in one Dormitory!" said Morgana. She cast Ava a dirty look. Ava just stared at her blankly.

The girls got ready for bed and soon Viola was laying in the dark thinking about her lie. Would she be able to keep up the pretense of being Bellatrix Lestrange's daughter? If she did then maybe Morgana and Bertha would become her friends.