88

"Ginny, I see you've got yourself a date to the ball."

"Oh, hello Percy!" said Ginny, as her third oldest brother approached her table. "Happy Christmas!"

Neville had just left to use the bathroom. Percy took his vacated seat.

"I don't know if you've heard, but I've been promoted!" said Percy. "I am now Crouches personal assistant, and I'm here representing him."

"Oh, really?" said Ginny. She took a sip from her glass of butterbeer. "Has he got your name right yet? Or does he still call you 'Weatherby'?" She was unable to resist the question.

Percy flushed and stiffened.

"Crouch has much more important things to worry about then such trivial things as names," said Percy haughtily.

"Oh," said Ginny, nodding with understanding.

"Never mind that," said Percy, suddenly stern. "Does Mother know your on a date?"

"Yeah?" said Ginny with a confused frown. "But it's not really a date . . . Neville and I just went as friends-"

Percy wasn't listening.

"Personally I think you're a little young for boys yet, Ginny," said Percy. "I would wait a few more years before even thinking of entering the dating scene-"

Luckily at the moment Neville arrived.
Ginny jumped from her seat.

"Want to dance?" Ginny asked eagerly.

And it was perfect timing. Dumbledore had just stood to clear away the tables and create the dance floor.

"It's the Weird Sisters!" Ginny said in excitement as the band took the stage. "C'mon Neville, lets go! Bye Perc!"

Ginny grabbed Neville's hand and pulled him on to the dance floor as the music began.

It didn't take long for Ginny to discover that Neville wasn't the most artful of dancers

She winced as the boy stepped on her toes with his rather large feet.

"Sorry," Neville mumbled.

"It's alright," said Ginny with a grin. She didn't want Neville to feel bad about it.

Harry was dancing nearby with Parvati Patil, who wore robes of stunning pink.

Ginny caught Harry's eye just as Neville stepped on her toe once more and she winced again. Ginny blushed and Harry gave her a small sympathetic smile.