54

While Ava and Hugo expected Viola to be brooding and subdued after hearing about Ginny, this was not the case.

Their second expectation would've been for Viola to start hexing Ginny relentlessly. This was not the case either.

No Viola did the unexpected and to fight her anger and disappointment, she became a Quidditch fanatic.

The end-of-season match had been scheduled for mid-March. It was Slytherin versus Gryffindor, as those were the two teams with the most points. This was also the match that would decide the winner of the Quidditch cup.

On most Quidditch occasions Viola had been split between Slytherin and Gryffindor -Harry really was a very sweet boy- but this time Viola's loyalty was to Slytherin, and Slytherin alone. She was counting on a win.

More then once Viola was caught, by Ava and Hugo, muttering under her breath as she calculated how many points Slytherin would need to get before they could catch the snitch.

"She's gone mental," said Hugo to Ava as they watched Viola go searching amongst the library shelves for Quidditch of the Ages. She was planning on giving the team some pointers.

Ava nodded. "I don't even understand why she cares so much. It's not like Ginny's even on the team!"

"Like I said," said Hugo, "She's mental. Brilliant, and pretty, and all that, but entirely mental."

Ginny wasn't half so worried about the Quidditch game as Viola was. At the last game, Gryffindor versus Ravenclaw, not only had Harry won the game, he had also single handedly scared off a group of dementors- it actually ended up being Malfoy and his gang dressed up as dementors, but that was besides the point.

Ginny also had no idea that this match was a turning point in the re-blossoming rivalry between her and Viola.

She was, however, fully aware that Viola was furious at her for managing to cast the Bat Bogey Hex. People were saying she had taken away the one thing the misfit girl had all to herself. This made Ginny feel rather guilty, until she remembered all the times Viola had hit her with that curse.

Besides, using that curse on Grady McLaggen had been an excellent move. The boy was now terrified to even look at her. The only downside was having to do lines with McGonagall, but Fred and George had made it fun by having a parchment fight. Unfortunately that had resulted in another detention.

🦇🦇🦇

On the morning of the match,  Viola was probably more jittery then the team players themselves.

Although she found it difficult to explain to her friends, Viola just felt that Slytherin beating Gryffindor would justify Ginny stealing Viola's signature curse.

"You have to wear this," said Viola, tying a Slytherin scarf around Hugo's neck.

Along with Ava, they were getting ready to go down to the pitch.

Hugo let out a squawking noise.

"Ah! Too tight!" the boy gasped, tugging at it.

He loosened the scarf, then looked down at it and grinned.

"Hey! I look pretty good in green!"

He put his hands on his hips and began to strut around. Ava giggled.

"Stop fooling around Hugo!" said Viola, adjusting her hat on her head, "We need to hurry and get good seats in the pitch!"