51

"Ginny! Colin! Look!"

Ginny was sitting by the fire in the Gryffindor common room doing some homework over the weekend. They both looked up at the shout of their names. Demelza Robins had just come hurrying through the portrait hole, bearing a wide grin and a broomstick.

"My parents sent me a new broom as an early birthday present!" said Demelza, lifting the broom over her head.

"Brilliant!" said Ginny, jumping to her feet and hurrying over to Demelza, "What model is it?"

"It's a Nimbus two-thousand!" said Demelza, bouncing up and down on the balls of her feet in happiness, "It's my birthday tomorrow so my parents sent it as an early present!"

"Wow!" said Colin, "That's the same kind of broom Harry had before it got ripped up by that crazy tree!"

"Can I hold it?" asked Ginny.

Demelza handed the broom to Ginny. She took it and began to examine it. The handle was smooth, and the whole broom had a lightness to it. In comparison to the tired, messy brooms her family owned back home, this was magnificence itself.

"Can we try it out?" asked Colin eagerly.

Ginny looked to Demelza quickly.

"Sure!" said Demelza, "Why don't we go now?"

"Yes!" said Ginny and Colin together.

Ginny was glad to have something to take her mind off of the whole boggart thing that had taken place only a few days ago on Wednesday.

While Viola was still obviously very mad at Ginny, she wasn't the only one. The day after the event occurred, Ginny had asked Bertha, when passing her and Morgana in the hallway, if she was alright.

"Of course I am!" Bertha had growled. Morgana gave her an approving look, then the two stalked off. Apparently despite the fact that Ginny had comforted Bertha and talked to Lupin for her, that didn't mean they could be friendly with each other.

But this bothered Ginny much less than the angry, hurt glares she was receiving from Viola Lestrange.

Ginny felt bad about accusing the girl, but she didn't regret doing it either. Viola was still a prime suspect in Ginny's mind, especially after she remembered something. Ginny had lay in bed Wednesday mulling over the day's events, when she suddenly remembered Viola asking Professor Lupin how to catch a boggart! Ginny didn't see how she could ignore that piece of information. Viola could very well be the culprit.

🦇🦇🦇

Viola and Ava had just come from the common room and were going to meet Hugo in the library, when Viola spotted Ginny Weasley. She was with Colin Creevey and Demelza Robins, who had a broomstick in hand. They were all laughing, smiling and having a good old time as they headed across the entrance hall.

Viola had been trying to think of a way to get back at Ginny ever since Wednesday, but only now did an idea occur to her.

Viola grabbed Ava's arm, pulling her to a stop.

"What?" said Ava, making her blonde curls bounce as she looked around in alarm.

"We're going down to the Quidditch pitch," said Viola, her eyes fixed on the three Gryffindors as they headed outside.

"What?" said Ava with a frown, "Why?"

"Because," said Viola, starting to walk towards the exit.