15

What was she doing in the hall?

Ginny looked about herself in confusion. Last she remembered she was writing in her diary while the other girls headed to sleep. Now, judging by the emptiness of the hallways, it was quite late. What was going on with her? Why did this keep happening. Maybe it was just all the change, and stress of classes. The thing was, Ginny wasn't stressed out about classes. She enjoyed them all, besides History of Magic and Potions. But she didn't enjoy the homework, so maybe all of that was getting to her head. But it was odd, this was the second time in two days it had happened. Perhaps I was sleep walking, Ginny thought. That was certainly possible right then, of not for the morning before.

She decided she would worry about it the next day. She headed past the out of orders girls lavatory and out of the hallway. As Ginny walked, she suddenly heard a door swing open and Professor Lockhart's voice call "Goodnight Harry, and remember you mustn't expect special treatment like this every time you have detention!"

"Goodnight Professor," Ginny heard Harry murmur.

Ginny looked around wildly, and dodged behind a suit of armor. A moment later Harry Potter came walking down the hall. Him and Ron had had detention that night as punishment for causing so much damage by arriving by flying car. Ginny watched Harry carefully. He was frowning and looked worried. Ginny wondered why. She knew Ron, Harry and Hermione had all experienced quite the adventure last year. You-Know-Who had been hiding behind the turban of the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. What if You-Know-Who came back this year as well? Ginny shivered in fright at the very idea.

After Harry had gone, Ginny headed up to the Common Room. It was dark and everyone had long ago gone to bed. Ginny soon drifted off as well but not without wondering one last time,how had she ended up in that hallway?

🦇🦇🦇

Luckily for Ginny, that was the last time any odd lapses of memory occurred for quite a while. Her first few weeks at Hogwarts passed as happily as she could wish, despite the fact that she still couldn't talk to Harry without turning as red as a cherry and her brothers still teased her even though they were at school.

As usual, Viola's experience was much less happy than Ginny's. She was still lonely. Ginny would always smile at her  and occasionally wave, but they were far from friends. Ginny was always surrounded by her fellow Gryffindors. The one person who didn't seem to like Ginny, was Professor Snape. Any potion Ginny made was worthless and he took points from her quite frequently.

Not being friends with Ginny wasn't the only problem Viola had. She had received a letter from her father during her second week of school. Viola was quite exited to read it since it was the reply to the letter she had sent about getting into Slytherin. How ever anyone watching Viola read the letter would've watched the smile slide of her face like stink sap.

Viola,
I hope you are making your new house proud. I would be so ashamed to hear you soiling the name of the Slytherin house. It is an honor to be there, remember that. You must make me proud.
                                     ~ Father

This was much, much, much less than the pride Viola had expected. She tossed that letter into the fire that night.

And still her problems didn't end there.  Morgana and Bertha were still bullying Ava. The girls books were constantly missing. She woke up one morning with her hair cut off. They piled endless amounts of cruelty upon the poor muggle born girl, and Viola just stood by and watched. There was a reason she had not been placed in Gryffindor.