97

Ginny went down to breakfast one morning to find Wish and Pamela both looking extremely sullen as they ate cereal

Ginny went down to breakfast one morning to find Wish and Pamela both looking extremely sullen as they ate cereal. It was a week or so after the Second Task.

Ginny slid into the seat across from the girls and asked, with a frown, "Is something wrong?" Demelza took the seat next to her.

"Haven't you heard?" asked Pamela.

Ginny and Demelza both shook their heads. "What's wrong?" asked Ginny.

"Harry Potter and Hermione Granger are dating," said Wish.

"What?" Ginny laughed. "What're you talking about?"

"Read this," said Wish gloomily.

She passed Ginny a nearby copy of Witch Weekly. It was folded open to an article in the middle of the magazine. The title of the article was abusing enough. It looked like something Fred and George could sell in that joke shop they wanted.

Harry Potter's Secrete Heartache

Ginny continued to read, and only became more amused as she did so. Rita Skeeter had invented this whole romance between Harry and Hermione, and even went so far to say that Hermione was using a love potion. It was all completely ludicrous.

There were also somethings Rita Skeeter had wrote about that weren't so funny. Like about how Viktor Krum had asked Hermione to come visit him in Bulgaria over the summer, and told her he'd never felt this way about any other girl. These were true things Hermione had told Ginny in private, not wanting the whole school to know. She hadn't even told Harry and Ron, who were best friends

Ginny continued to read.

However it might not be Miss Granger's doubtful natural charms that have captured these unfortunate boys' interest. "She's really ugly," said Pansy Parkinson, a pretty and vivacious -

"Hermione is not ugly!" Ginny said angrily. "Not even close!"

"It's a shame their dating though," said Pamela, just as gloomy as Wish.

"They aren't dating," said Ginny a little impatiently.

"But it says-" started Wish.

"I know what it says, but it's not true," said Ginny,"I can't believe an adult is publishing these lies about a teenage girl!"

Later Ginny went to talk to Hermione, but the girl was phased extremely little by the insulting article.

"The more it bothers me," said Hermione, "The more Rita Skeeter wins."

Ginny knew Hermione was right, but that didn't stop her from hitting Pansy Parkinson with a bat-bogey hex while passing her in the hallway.