18

"I got new robes!" Wish squealed.

"Ooh, really?" said Pamela, rushing to her friends bed. Wish had just opened up a package she'd got during breakfast.

Ginny looked up from her diary as the other girls in the dorm went to go look as well.

"What does she need those for?" Demelza joked with Ginny. "How many pairs of robes can one girl own?"

It was mid October and frost had spread over the grounds and a chill filled the castle. Colds were going around and Madam Pomfrey, the school healer, had started giving out Peppurup potion. This particular weekend was especially chilly. The Gryffindor first year girls had taken to their dormitory with mugs of hot chocolate and cozy blankets.

Ginny, Demelza and Peggy watched from the side as Wish held up her new robes.

"They look like all her other robes!" Demelza whispered. Ginny and Peggy giggled.

The other girls did not seem to think so however.

"Those are very pretty!" said Vera, rather jealously. Vera hated everything about the Hogwarts uniforms and always wore pretty clothes over the weekends.

"They come from the Revèl robe shop in France!" said Wish excitedly. Vera and Pamela both went "Oooooh!"

Ginny felt suddenly very self conscious of the second hand robes she wore every day to school. They had belonged to multiple brothers. That had been one of Ginny's biggest concerns about coming to Hogwarts. What if people didn't like her because of her second hand things?

"Are you alright Ginny?" asked Peggy with concern.

"What? Yeah. I think I'll go for a walk," Ginny grabbed the yellow jumper her mum had made her off her bed and pulled it on. Then she hurried out of the dormitory.

🦇🦇🦇

"Excuse me? Can you hear me? I said 'password'!"

Ginny blinked and found herself face to face with the portrait who guarded the Gryffindor Common Room, called the Fat Lady. Ginny blinked in confusion.

"Sorry..." Ginny told the painting. "Er, did I just leave the Common Room?"

"No you left a few hours ago," said the Fat Lady.

"Right. Where did I go?" Ginny asked anxiously.

"How should I know? Do I look like I can just go following you around?"

"No, sorry," said Ginny.

The Fat Lady sighed. "It's alright dear, now may I have the password?"

"Devil Snare," said Ginny.

The portrait swung open. Ginny entered the Common Room feeling slightly nauseas. It had happened again. Ginny hadn't had that memory lapse since the night Ron and Harry had detention. She'd thought it had to do with the stress of starting school. But it had happened again. That scared Ginny. She barely noticed as she passed  Harry and Ron playing chess while Hermione did homework near by.

Ginny sank into a empty chair and stared at her feet. Her mind was filled with more worry then most eleven year olds had to deal with. From Luna- who's things were still going missing- to the trouble of having all her brothers hand me downs. Now to top it all off strange things kept happening to her. She would have to get her diary and tell Tom about it.