60

Viola's elbows dug into the hard wood of the table as they helped her head prop her tired head up.

It was the next day, and Viola was both physically and mentally exhausted from staying up late, then thinking one friend, and then the other, was the boggart culprit.

Viola was still stunned that it was Ava, and was having a hard time seeing the girl in the same light as before.

Throughout the day Viola had become crankier and crankier, finally hitting Hugo over the head with her bag after he started talking too much.

So Viola had retreated to library alone to get some studying done, but she was having a hard time focusing on the recipe for a stomach ache potion.

Someone sat down in the chair across from her as she tried to memorize the ingredients. Viola glanced up to see a freckles face and read hair.

Viola straightened up, her eyes immediately narrowing at Ginny.

"What do you want?" Viola demanded, non too gently.

"I wanted to apologize," said Ginny, "I meant to do so last night. I just wanted to say I'm sorry for accusing you of being the culprit."

Viola snorted. "It's a little late for that, don't you think?"

Ginny looked affronted.

"No I don't."

"Well, I do," said Viola. She stood and began to clean up her books, "You can't change the past Ginny."

"No, but you can fix the mistakes you've made," said Ginny with a frown, "It's never too late for that."

"You can try to fix it," Viola corrected, "But this time I don't think it's fixable."

She looked at Ginny and found her glaring back at her.

"Well excuse me for trying to be nice," said Ginny, "Thank goodness I don't hold grudges like you do! Honestly, I still don't think I would've been surprised if you had been the culprit."

Viola's jaw clenched, and she slammed a book onto her stack. For a moment she considered grabbing her wand, but then she thought better of it.

"That was a great apology Ginny," Viola sneered, "Really heartfelt I can tell."

Viola scooped up her books and stormed out of the library.

She was so angry she didn't even see where she was going until she slammed into someone.

"Viola! We were looking for you!" said Hugo's cheerful voice.

Viola blinked as Ava and Hugo came into focus.

"Did you talk to Ginny?" asked Ava, "She was looking for you and we told her you were in the library."

"Oh I talked to her alright," Viola said.

She pushed past the two and continued to march angrily down the hallway.

"Well, what did she want?" Ava asked, hurrying after Viola.

"To 'apologize'," said Viola.

"Oh good!" said Ava, "So you guys are friends again?"

Viola stopped and spun on Ava.

"No! Of course we're not! Me and Ginny will never be friends again!"

"But-" started Ava.

"There's no buts about it," Viola snapped.

She turned on her heel and continued to March down the hall.

Ava turned to Hugo with a helpless expression. Hugo just shrugged at her.