67

The morning of September 1st arrived gray and rainy.

The Weasley's, Harry, and Hermione took Muggle taxi to Kings Cross Station. It was a very uncomfortable ride which left Harry, Ron and Hermione severely scratched after Fred's stash of Filibuster's Fabulous No-Heat, Wet-Start fireworks went off causing Crookshanks to have a fit.

But they eventually made it to the station where the scarlet steam engine was waiting.

"I might be seeing you all sooner then you think," said Charlie as he hugged Ginny goodbye.

Ginny looked up at her brother with her eyebrows raised.

"Why?" asked Fred.

"You'll see," said Charlie. "Just don't tell Percy I mentioned it . . . it's 'classified information until such time as the Ministry sees fit to release it' after all."

Ginny snorted. Percy had been saying that for weeks . . . Only until now Ginny had thought it was just Percy being a snob.

"Yeah, I sort of wish I were back at Hogwarts this year," said Bill, hands in his pockets, looking almost wistfully at the train.

"Why?" asked George.

"You're going to have an interesting year," said Bill with a grin. "I might even come to watch a bit of it . . ."

But at the moment the whistle blew, and Molly started pushing them towards the train. Ginny kissed her mother, bid her oldest brothers good by, then climbed onto the train after the twins. She set off to find an apartment, and almost immediately ran into Demelza Robbins, who looked slightly lost in the hallway full of people.

"Ginny," said Demelza in relief. "I've been searching all over for someone I knew. Want to find a compartment?"

"Sure," said Ginny.

The two set off, already discussing the excitement of the World Cup.

🦇🦇🦇

"Every compartment is full," said Hugo, squishing his face against the glass of one compartment. A group of fifth year students stared back at him in annoyance. Hugo plastered his tongue against the glass to annoy them further.

"Hugo, that is disgusting," said Viola, as she tried to avoid hitting anyone with her trunk.

"Funny though," laughed Hugo.

In the fortnight from the World Cup until now, Viola had not done much except avoid her mother, and count down the days until September first. And now that day had finally arrived.

Viola's mother had brought her to the station. Roderick was busy at the ministry, and unable to come. Ira didn't even walk Viola to the train. She just dropped her off at Kings Cross station, and drove away. Not that Viola really minded. In all honesty, she preferred it.

After reuniting with Hugo and Ava amongst the crowd on the train station, the three had set off chatting about their summer as they went. At least that's what they were previously doing before they found themselves in the predicament of not being able to find seats. It was a common problem on the Hogwarts express.

"There's only a few people in here," said Ava, gesturing into a compartment.

Viola peered in. "Oh goodness, no. That's Wish Proctor and Pamela Vance. I'd sooner share a compartment with Moaning Myrtle."