24

Ginny woke up next morning thoroughly exhausted, for no apparent reason. She had gone to bed early after all the excitement of the Quidditch match- after Harry caught the snitch Professor Lockhart had accidentally removed all the bones in Harry's arm and Harry was sent up to the hospital, for Madam Pomfrey to regrow his bones over night - and she'd slept perfectly fine.

Ginny sat up in bed. All the surrounding beds were empty. Ginny looked up at the clock on the dormitory wall. Her eyes widened when she saw it was almost noon. Thank goodness it was the weekend, otherwise she would've been late to class, no doubt.

Ginny headed down into the Common Room, which was bustling with students. It was a chilly weekend, so everyone had congregated inside. Ginny quickly located some of her friends. They were watching Grady McClaggen and Ritchie Coot who were having a game of Wizards chess.

"Where's Colin?" asked Ginny, noticing he wasn't with the group.

"Dunno," said Pamela, her eyes on the game.

"I haven't seen him all morning," said Demelza, frowning slightly. "Rather odd now that I think about it. I'd say he slept in like you, only Colin's up bright and early every morning..."

Ginny said "I haven't seen him since yesterday when he said he was going to sneak out of the Common Room to go visit Harry on the hospital wing...do you think he really did it and got caught?"

"Knowing Colin, probably," laughed Grady McLaggen, who was a boy in their year. Ginny narrowed her eyes at him.

"Maybe he went to go get some early lunch," said Demelza.

"Maybe," said Ginny. "I'm hungry so I'll go check,"

Ginny went and got herself some breakfast-lunch in the great hall. She was joined by Luna, but still didn't see Colin. So Ginny trooped back up to the Common Room. Maybe Colin was following Harry around, it was a frequent hobby of his. However this idea was dashed when Ginny entered the Common Room to see Harry already there and no Colin in sight.

For a moment Ginny was distracted. She wanted to go ask Harry how is arm was feeling, but was to shy. He was with Ron and Hermione as usual. They were sitting in a corner, whispering. The three were always up to something. It was impossible not to be jealous of them. They were so close with each other and always seemed to be on the verge of adventure.

Turning her back on her brother, crush, and friend, Ginny headed back to the chess tournament. It was still in full action. Now Demelza Robbins was facing down Grady McLaggen.

"Did you find Colin?" Demelza asked, as she took out Grady's castle.

"No," said Ginny. "I'm starting to get a little worried about him-"

"Who are you getting worried about?" asked a voice.

Ginny looked around to see Ron. Him, Harry and Hermione had gotten from there seats and were just passing by.

"Colin," said Ginny. She determinedly did not look at Harry. "He's been gone all morning and-" Ginny paused. The three were looking around at each other in a very strange way. "You know something don't you?"

"Er..." Ron scratched his nose. "No. 'Course not-"

"Ron, I think you should  tell her," said Hermione.

"Why me?" demanded Ron.

"Because you're her brother!" said Hermione.

Hermione and Harry stayed back while Ron brought Ginny to the corner of the room. Ginny watched him anxiously.