100

After something sad happens, things slowly get better

After something sad happens, things slowly get better. And it's almost like it never happened. Almost.

It was no exception for the Hogwarts students. Though it was unlikely they would ever forget Cedric Diggory, by the time the end of the school year arrived, everyone had gone back to normal.

Even Hugo seemed cheerful again, and for a while Viola and Ava had been helplessly wondering if he would ever be the same.

And now, after the unexpectedly sullen turn the year had taken, it was time for everyone to go home.

"Don't forget, you are all coming to my house this summer," said Hugo as they all climbed off the Hogwarts express after the long ride home. "Including you!"

Hugo pointed at Clemi who looked startled.

"I don't know-" started Clemi.

"Ah, ah, ah," said Hugo, covering her mouth with his hand. "Not another word. You are coming if I have to fly there on a broomstick myself - and if you'd been there during my first flying lesson, you'd know that it's quite the sacrifice on my part."

Viola couldn't help but smile because she knew he meant what he said. There was no one like Hugo for forcing everyone to have a good time.

"I don't want anyone to sacrifice anything for me," said Clemi staunchily.

But Hugo wasn't bothered by this.

"I'll be there," said Viola.

"See that? I can always count on my Viola," said Hugo, slinging an arm around her shoulder.

"I will too," said Ava, "but we should probably move, we're blocking up the path."

The four moved themselves and their things over to the sidelines where they could talk without getting in anyone's way.

Now that the prospect of saying goodbye had arrived, Viola was surprised by how unwilling she was to face it.

"Don't look so sad, Viola," said Hugo patting her on the cheek. "We'll see each other soon!"

Viola quickly arranged her features into a smile.

"I'm not sad," she lied, but no one believed her.

Before Hugo could say more, there was a shout.

"Hugo!"

All four Hogwarts students looked around.

There was Hugo's mum and dad, Leeza and Harmon Leighton, and his brother, Lance. Hugo's face lit up at the sight of them.