74

Viola's hand hovered above the Goblet. She was just about to let the folded piece of parchment slip from her fingers when -

BANG!

Viola was suddenly thrown from the circle. Her eyes flew shut as she felt herself hurtle backwards then crash down on to the ground.

"Viola!"

"Are you okay?"

Viola heard the voices of her friends ask. They came running to her side.

Viola lay on the ground, groaning.

Suddenly there was a shriek above her. Viola's eyes flew open to see Ava and Hugo standing above her. Both of their eyes were wide and Ava had a hand clapped over her mouth.

"Oh my," Clemi's voice said as she came into sight above Viola. "You look like your face is melting!"

Viola shot up.

"My face looks like WHAT?"

Ava whirled around and snatched a plate of a table. She shoved it in Viola's face.

Viola's reflection stared back at her. But it was nothing like the reflection she'd grown used to over her thirteen years of life. Her face seemed to be sliding off her head. Her cheeks and chin were drooping, her forehead was sagging and her nose was dripping. Clemi was right, it looked like her face was melting!

Viola's eyes tried to widen in horror, but they couldn't because her eyelids were swelling.

So Viola did the next most sensible thing: she started to cry.

"It's alright, Viola!" said Hugo quickly. "We'll just get you up to the hospital wing and Madam Pomfrey will be able to fix you right up!"

"It's not alright!" Viola wailed as Ava and Hugo pulled her to her feet. "It's not alright at all!"

Tears were gushing down her already messy face. Hugo and Ava practically had to drag her from the hall.

"Oi, Clemi, could you give us a hand?" Hugo grunted.

The blonde Hufflepuff girl moved forward to help.

"Now my mum will hate me even more than she does already!" Viola sobbed. "Because I was ugly before and I'm even uglier now!"

"Oh shush!" said Ava sternly. "You were not ugly before, and you aren't even ugly now."

"But her chin looks like it's about to fall off so we should probably hurry up," said Clemi.

Viola began to cry even harder.

All the way to the Hospital Wing Viola wailed as her face contorted and changed. They passed a group of Gryffindor students in the corridors who stared openly until Clemi snapped, "Keep staring and you'll be staring through a black eye."

The students had quickly looked away.

The four of them entered the Hospital Wing and found that Madam Pomfrey was no where in sight.