25

December arrived and light snow began to float to the ground. The castle wasn't feeling quite as warm as it usually was, but not only because of the drop in temperature. After the attack on Colin, most of the first years seemed to think Slytherins monster was about to attack them at any second. They traveled about in tightly knit packs. Not Viola of course. She was alone. Always alone, except when Hugo felt like bothering her.

Having been cast out by the Slytherins, Viola had taken to going for long walks along with her pets. She would roam the grounds, visit the lake and enjoy the fresh, cold air.

During the first week of the month, Viola was on one of these walks when she ran into Ginny Weasley. Viola had just turned around a corner of the castle, then the found herself face to face with the red head. Ginny's cheeks and nose were bright red from the cold. But the oddest part were the chicken feathers coating the front of her robes.

When Ginny saw Viola, her eyes widened. She took a step back. "Sorry," she said.

Viola wasn't sure what to say. Ginny was apologizing. . . to her? Not only that, but the girl seemed jumpy and. . . scared?

"Are you alright Ginny?" Viola asked.

"What? Yes. Sorry." Said Ginny.

She tried to go around Viola, but Viola stepped in front of her.

"Why are there feathers all over your robes?" Viola asked bluntly.

"I-" Tears welled in Ginny's eyes. "I don't know, I don't know!" She said.

Viola could only stare at the girl as she ran a hand through her vibrant hair.

"I'm sorry, I have to go," said Ginny. She pushed past Viola and ran away.

Viola watched her go. What was that all about? What was Ginny doing out here all alone, and covered in feathers?

Viola watched Ginny very carefully over the next couple of days. There were several great changes that had taken over the girl. She usually sat alone and she didn't laugh or talk as much as usual. She seemed subdued. Morgana had said something spiteful about Harry Potter in class, and Ginny hadn't even come to his defense.

Viola lay in bed one night, staring at the ceiling. She was in deep thought. Jinx was curled up on her neck. She was mulling over everything that was going on. The Chamber. Ginny's odd behavior. The Chamber...Ginny's odd behavior. The Chamber and Ginny's odd behavior. Viola sat up in bed, her eyes wide.

"Ginny is opening the Chamber of Secretes!"

🦇🦇🦇

"What? Are you going nutters Viola? Ginny couldn't have opened the Chamber! She's the same age as us!" said Hugo.

"I know," said Viola. "But she's been acting dodgy lately."

"People are allowed to act dodgy, Viola! There are actually quite a few people in this school who are dodgy!"

Viola crossed her arms over her chest. She was sitting with Hugo in a secluded corner of the library. She was so exited by the theory that had occurred the night before, she had to tell someone. Hugo was the only person she had been able to think of. She was starting to regret that choice however.

"But she's a completely different person! Haven't you noticed?" Viola asked.

Hugo shrugged.

"I dunno. I don't really know her,"

"Why are you being so difficult?" Viola demanded.