94

Through the dark of the Slytherin common room, Viola could make out the shapes of her friends faces. It was late, nearing half-past eleven, and no one was in the common room besides Viola (who was pacing back and forth with her cloak fluttering behind her) and Hugo, Ava and Clemi all huddled on the green couch.

"So," started Hugo, and they all knew what they were going to say because he'd repeated the question multiple times within the past half an hour, "have you changed your mind yet?"

Viola spun on Hugo with a glare.

"This whole thing, was your idea," said Viola, "the whole contest forbidden forest thing? You thought of it!"

"I know, I know," said Hugo. He put up hid hands in defence. "I just want to make sure you're really willing to do this."

"Yes," said Viola.

"Maybe, if your lucky, Ginny will be eaten by a werewolf or something," grumbled Clemi through a yawn.

"Clemi," said Hugo, elbowing her, "That is a horrible thing to say!"

"Well then at least this whole stupid thing would be over with," said Clemi.

Viola looked around at Clemi sharply. Clemi didn't back down under Viola's angry eyes.

"I'm sorry," said Clemi, not sounding sorry at all, "but I really do think it's stupid. I dunno what this ginger girl ever did to you, but why waste your time on her? People will consume your lives if you let them. Everyone's better off alone."

Viola just stared at Clemi. It was quite off to hear such cynical words coming out of a twelve year olds mouth. And Clemi had such a sweet looking appearance too . . .

"I just, need to do this," was all Viola said, not really replying to Clemi

🦇🦇🦇

Although Ginny told them she would be perfectly fine going down to the forest alone, her friends insisted that someone accompany down to the Forbidden Forest.

"Just in case you get eaten by a werewolf," Colin said.

"Or Viola hexes you," added Wish.

"Which is more likely than the werewolf in my opinion," said Pamela.

Then there was the matter of who would go with her. Not everyone could go as they'd likely get caught. Although Ginny knew Colin would love to go, she also knew Colin was most likely to do something stupid. Obviously Wish and Pamela were much to loud, and neither Peggy or Vera wanted to go. In the end it was decided that Demelza and a Gryffindor boy by the name of Ritchie Coot would accompany her.

At 11 o'clock, the three of them crept through the castle without uttering a single word. Once they were out the castle doors, they began to breath more freely.

"So why does this girl hate you so much?" Ritchie, a weedy boy with prickly brown hair.

"I honestly don't know," said Ginny, with a shake of her head. The bun of red hair on top of her head wobbled. "She just . . . " Ginny sighed, "Really dislikes me. Whatever the reason, I'm going to try and bring a stop to it tonight."