57

"Or maybe it's Ginny," said Viola at lunch with Hugo, and Ava.

Another few weeks had past and no sign of the boggart had been made, and Viola had come up no proof of whether Morgana was the culprit or not.

In fact the boggart seemed like a much less dangerous threat in the face of the exams, which now everyone was worrying about, not only Viola. The second years also had something else to think about; it was time to decide what classes they would be taking during their third year at Hogwarts. The three students were looking over the class options while they ate, and discussed the boggart.

Hugo looked up at her with his eyebrows raised. "I know last time you suspected Ginny is ended up being right, but how could it be her this time?"

"She could've been hiding under the bed, or maybe she made some polly-juice potion and turned into Bertha, or someone. . ." Viola trailed off. It sounded like a far-fetched idea even to her.

"Have you decided what classes to take?" Hugo asked, looking over her shoulder.

"Yes," said Viola, using her quill to circle the classes on her pamphlet. "Care of magical creatures, ancient runes, and Muggle Studies,"

"I'm not taking ancient runes," said Hugo, "Or Muggle Studies- I thought I was a muggle for the first eleven years of my life! I'm just gonna do Care of Magical Creatures, and Divination. All the fun classes. How about you Ava?"

"Ancient runes, Care of Magical Creatures, and Divination," said Ava immediately, then she stood. "I need to go to the owlery so I'll catch up with you guys later."

With a wave, the blonde girl disappeared from the great hall.

With a sigh Viola pushed her half empty plate away from her, and pushed her pamphlet back into her bag.

"I need to study," she said, running her fingers through her hair. "But I keep thinking about that boggart!"

"Well, stop," said Hugo matter of factly.

"It's not that simple!" said Viola.

"Sure it is," said Hugo, "Maybe it was just a random boggart anyhow."

Viola shook her head. "No. I know it's not."

🦇🦇🦇

Ginny headed to lunch with her usual group of Gryffindors, all of them chattering about which classes they had signed up for next year.

"I'm taking Care of Magical creatures, and divination!" said Colin with an excited skip, "What are you taking again, Ginny?"

"Same as you Colin," said Ginny, for what felt like the twentieth time.

"Wicked!" said Colin, "I can't wait for next year!"

"Well first we have to pass exams," said Peggy nervously.

All the students in the school were in a flurry of preparation for the upcoming exams, and nerves were running especially high do to the fact that exams had been cancelled last year. Some students felt out of practice, while others, including Viola and Ginny, had never even taken exams.

"Don't worry, we'll pass," said Ginny bracingly as they all sat down at the Gryffindor table.

"I'm not so sure about myself,"'said Vera, "I don't like class very much so I'm not sure how much I actually learned."

"Hey look, it's an owl," said Demelza, pointing.

Ginny looked around to see a scrawny screech owl heading towards their table. To her surprise, it came fluttering down right in front of her.

"Hello," said Ginny, as the owl blinked at her, "Who are you looking for?"

Ginny checked the letter on the leg of the owl. The names written on the parchment made her brown eyes widen in surprise.

To Ginny Weasley & Viola Lestrange

Ginny frown at the letter, and slowly removed it from the owl's leg.

"Who's it for?" asked Colin, peering over Ginny's shoulder.

"Me and Viola," said Ginny, flipping the envelope over to see who it was from. There was no other name.

"Oh! Don't open it, Ginny!" said Peggy, her eyes wide.

Ginny got to her feet.

"Where are you going?" asked Colin.

"To find Viola," said Ginny, without hesitation.

"Ginny! Don't!" said Peggy, her eyes wide. "It could be a trap!"

"I'm sure it's fine. I'm going." said Ginny determinedly.

She looked around the room and spotted Viola sitting at the Hufflepuff table, along with Hugo Leighton.

No one followed Ginny as she marched across the room to where the Slytherin and Hufflepuff were sitting.

"Viola," Ginny called as she approached the table.

Viola looked around, and her eyes immediately narrowed in Ginny's direction.

"What do you want?" the girl demanded.

"To show you this," said Ginny, putting the envelope down on the table in front of Viola.

She watched as the other girl picked up the letter, and stared at the address.

When Viola looked up at Ginny, her face was full of confusion, and all hostility had vanished.

"Who's it from?" asked Viola.

"There's only one way to find out!" said Hugo eagerly after reading over Viola's shoulder, "Open it up."

Viola looked to Ginny questioningly. Ginny nodded and sat down beside her.

Slowly Viola tore open the envelope, and put tumbled a folded piece of parchment.

Viola unfolded the parchment, and all three heads leaned in to read.

Dear Viola and Ginny,

Don't be a coward.
Don't be a ninny.
I have a message for you.
Come to the trophy room,
At half past two.
Come at the time of morning
Where the sky is dark blue
When the world is black.
I shall be waiting for you.
And the culprit of the boggart will come back.
The answers you do diligently chase,
shall be staring you right in the face.

And by the way,
Don't let Hugo come. He's better off staying where he came from.

~ Vascara Telt

___________________________

A/N: 3K views! Thanks so much to all my readers!