75

At breakfast in November 1st, Ginny sat next to Hermione to find the girl looking very distraught. She was sitting at the table with a book before her, and a hand stuck in her bushy hair.

"Is something wrong Hermione?" asked Ginny, expecting to hear something about S.P.E.W, or something.

"Oh, nothing, it's just - it's just that stupid brother of yours!" snapped Hermione suddenly.

"Oh," said Ginny. "Which one?"

"Ron," said Hermione, aggressively turning a page of her book.

"What'd he do now?" asked Ginny.

"Well, it's him and Harry more like," said Hermione. "Harry didn't put his name in the Goblet -"

"Of course not," said Ginny.

"- But Ron thinks he did!"

Ginny's eyes widened. "Please tell me you're not serious!"

"Well," said Hermione. "I suppose I'm not. I know Ron knows Harry didn't really put his name in, but he's refusing to believe it. I don't necessarily blame Ron, I understand how he's feeling, but they got into a fight last night and now the two aren't speaking and just - ugh! Boys!"

"I'll have to have a chat with my dear brother," said Ginny darkly, standing up.

"I've already done that," said Hermione gloomily.

"Well, why don't we divide and conquer," said Ginny. "You go talk to Harry, and I'll take care of Ron."

Hermione sighed. "Yes, alright."

The fourth year Gryffindor girl stood as well.

"Harry probably won't come down to breakfast, so I'll bring him some toast," said Hermione, gathering some slices up in a napkin.

With that, the two girls headed out of the great hall.

🦇🦇🦇

Viola was walking into the great hall with Ava, when she walked straight into Ginny Weasley.

"Oh, sorry-" Ginny started, and then stopped when she saw who it was. Her expression became rather cool. "Oh, hello, Viola. I'm glad to see your face is doing better."

Ginny did not mean it in a rude way, she was sincerely glad to see the girl's face was healed, but naturally Viola took it the wrong way.

Her jaw set and she glared at Ginny. She didn't even notice Hermione Granger, who she'd become friendly with in passing, standing beside Ginny clutching a stack of toast.

"Oh . . . Just shut up," Viola snapped, then she stalked past, Hermione and Ginny, leaving the latter with an offended frown on her face.

Ava hurried after her. Much to Viola's relief, the girl didn't say anything about what had just happened.

"Look, there's Hugo and Clemi," said Ava, pointing.

The two made there way over to the Hufflepuff table where Clemi was eating, and Hugo was casually whittling a stick.

"Good morning Hugo, good morning Clemi," said Ava brightly, sitting down next to them.