48

It seemed the school season had hardly begun, and yet December had already arrived and Christmas was looming ahead.

"Are you going home for the Holidays?" Grady McLaggen asked Ginny, as he pushed his way past people so he could walk along side her in the hallway.

"Yes,"said Ginny shortly. Grady had been continuously annoying her, and she had just about lost patience with him.

While Ginny was heading home for the holidays- as well as the twins and Percy- Ron and Hermione would be staying at Hogwarts. Although they made up plenty of excuses as to why they were staying, Ginny knew it was to keep Harry company, but they didn't want him to feel guilty about it.

Ginny almost wished she were staying at Hogwarts, after all the more she got to be in Harry's company the better, although she'd barely been able to look at him since the get-well card incident.

Harry had approached her the day after he got out of the hospital wing and thanked her for the card. "It was, er, really nice," Harry'd said.

She'd turned bright red, blurted "You're welcome," then hurried off. Now she was even more embarrassed around him then ever, so maybe it was a good thing she was going home for the holiday, besides she missed her parents and was looking forward to seeing them.

"So am I," said Grady, glancing sideways at her, "I'll miss you though."

Ginny tried not to look repulsed.

"Er, yeah," she said awkwardly, before spotting Colin and running to catch up with him, leaving Grady and his unwanted affection behind.

Viola planned on spending Christmas at Hogwarts, which was a rather gloomy aspect since both Hugo and Ava were heading home for the holidays.

However two weeks before the end of term, Viola received a letter that made the gloomy prospect of staying at Hogwarts suddenly seem like a most enjoyable time.

"It's from my father," said Viola, as she regarded the letter, which had just been dropped off during lunch, in her hand with intense weariness.

"You make it sound like that's a bad thing," said Ava curiously. Viola had yet to tell Ava about her parents, and about how they were about as fond of her as they would be a yearly septic cleaner.

"It could very well be," said Viola as she ripped open the letter and began to read.

Viola,
Your mothers parents are coming all the way from America to visit for Christmas. They haven't seen you since you were a baby and want to meet you. You must come home. See you in a few weeks.

Sincerely, Father

Viola dropped the letter in horror.

"I'm doomed!" she said.

Hugo picked up the letter and examined it.

"What's so wrong? That doesn't sound so bad! Your grandparents want to meet you!" said Hugo happily.

Viola covered her face with her hands then said in a muffled voice, "You don't understand! My grandpa's a rich, stuck up old man, and my grandma's as obsessed with good-looks as my mother! She was a model too!"