64

"This would be a whole lot easier if we could just use magic," chuckled Mr Cameron, looking down at the tents crumpled on the ground before them.

"Dang muggles," said Roderick, rubbing the back of his head as he regarded the complicated objects.

Since there were so many witches and wizards on Muggle land, no magic was allowed. This made things quite difficult for wizards who relied on Magic at home.

"Just use your wand," muttered Benjamin. "No ones looking!"

Roderick looked like he was going to agree, but Mr Cameron waved a finger at his son reprovingly. "Ah, ah, ah. No cheating. Everyone else is struggling, and so will we. Why don't you and Viola go get some water, I'm sure there's a pump around here somewhere, then I'll start breakfast."

Viola gave a start and looked around. She had been preoccupied taking in her surroundings. Despite the fact that no Magic was allowed, some of the tents were quite extravagant. One had a balcony going off of it, and another was shimmering with stars.

Benjamin looked at Viola and shrugged. "Alright."

Mr Cameron handed them both a pot, and a map which marked the nearest water tap. With those in tow, Viola set off after the older boy across the campsite. She felt slightly nervous. She didn't do very well around strangers as she could never think of something to say. Luckily Benjamin seemed far from shy.

"So," he said, slowing down so they could walk side by side. "You go to Hogwarts?"

Viola nodded. "Yes. I'm a third year."

"Fifth," said Benjamin, "What house?"

"Slytherin," said Viola.

"Ahh," said the boy, his face lighting up. "A rival! I'm a Gryffindor."

Viola wasn't sure what to say to that. She knew a pretty solid rivalry existed between most of the students from Slytherin and Gryffindor, and sure some students annoyed her (like Colin, Wish, and Pamela) but she wasn't really rivalrous towards anyone on Gryffindor - except Ginny Weasley.
Benjamin seemed to sense that he'd made Viola feel weird, because he laughed and said, "Don't worry. We're not in school right now, so it's okay for us to talk - I suppose."

Viola gave a small, slightly nervous laugh.

Around them, the campsite was beginning to wake up. The mist was rising with the sun, and now the sea of tents was visible whichever way you looked. There were all sorts of people there in all different ages, from elderly witches and wizards to tiny children. Some were setting up tents, while others, who had arrived days, maybe even weeks before, were emerging from their tents, yawning and rubbing their eyes.

Viola and Benjamin made their way past a group of teenage witches blasting the Weird Sisters out of a wireless. The air smelled strongly of a potion used to ward away annoying bugs such as mosquitos.

They were just making their way through the realm of the campers supporting the Irish (everything was green), when a voice called, "Oi! Ben! Over here!"

Viola looked around to see a group of teenage boys sitting out side one of the green tents. The recognized one of them as Grady McLaggen, the boy Ginny Weasley had hexed last year, and another was Grady's older brother, Cormac.

"Oh, hi," said Ben, changing direction and heading straight for the group of teenage boys.

With much trepidation, Viola followed. Cormac stood and shook Ben's hand firmly. "Good to see you Ben," he glanced at Viola, "Who's this? Your girlfriend?"

Viola blushed as all the boys turned to look at her. Ben laughed, "No. This is Viola, the daughter of my Dad's friend from the ministry."

"Oh. Excellent. My father also works at the ministry," said Cormac, "You're supporting Ireland, aren't you?"