9

"I'm Vera Raymond! Nice to meet you all!" said one of Ginny's fellow first years.

After the feast the girl Prefect had shown them to there dorm. Ginny had wanted to stay look around for Ron and Harry Potter with Hermione but the other girls had convinced her to come along. Now all thoughts of brother and crush had faded away as she got to know the other girls.

The girl who had introduced herself had red lip stick on, a wide smile and an elaborate braid.

"I'm Ginny Weasley," said Ginny brightly.

Besides Wish, Pamela and Vera there were two other Gryffindor girls, Demelza and Peggy. They introduced themselves and afterward Wish flopped onto a bed in a swoon.

"I can't believe we're going to school with Harry Potter!" She said.

"I know!" said Pamela, flopping beside her. Ginny gave a tight smile.

"Who's Harry Potter?" Asked Peggy curiously.

Ginny, Wish, Pamela and Demelza all stared at the girl.

"You don't know who Harry Potter is?" Pamela demanded. "You can't be serious?"

Vera laughed. "I am afraid to say I haven't the faintest clue who Harry Potter is myself!" She said.

Wish sat up and squinted at the two.

"Are you two muggle born?" She asked.

The two nodded. Peggy looked rather worried.

"That doesn't make a difference," said Ginny quickly.

"I didn't say it did," said Wish. "But it does explain why they don't know who Harry Potter is!"

"Who wants to tell the story?" asked Demelza, a frizzy haired girl with mouselike facial features asked.

"I will!" volunteered Pamela.

Pamela gave a very dramatic account of what had happened. How He-who-must-not-be-named had attacked Harry when he was just a baby and yet somehow Harry had defeated him. Then just last year he had come face to face with Voldemort again and defeated him once more. Ginny had to step in a few times, for instance when Pamela started describing how baby Harry had stuffed a pacifier in He-who-must-not-be-named's mouth, and then whacked him over the head with a baby rattle. But eventually the story was accurately told. When it was over, all the girls looked moon eyed and amazed. This disconcerted Ginny slightly.

"Well! I would certainly like to meet this Harry Potter!" said Vera.

"Wouldn't we all?" said Pamela.

"I've met him," said Ginny quietly.

All the girls looked at her.

"Really?" gushed Wish.

"How?" asked Pamela.

"He's best friends with my brother," said Ginny.

"Wow, is he nice? Did he he talk to you?" asked Pamela.

Ginny nodded.

"Yes he's very nice. And yeah he did," Ginny didn't mention the fact that whenever he had spoke to her, or even so much as looked at her she'd blushed or knocked something over. She could recall one specific embarrassing moment when she'd stuck her elbow in a stick of butter after Harry asked her if she was starting at Hogwarts that year.

"Could you introduce us?" asked Pamela, coming to sit beside Ginny.

"Uh...Maybe. My brother Ron probably could," said Ginny hurriedly. She could barely muster up the courage to say hello to Harry, there was no way she could introduce a whole gaggle of girls to him.

They all continued to talk until Percy called up the stairs for lights out. Ginny hid under her blankets and pulled out her diary. She had been writing in it ever since the day that summer she'd discovered it amongst her school books. Ginny could only suppose an enchantment had been placed on the little book because whenever Ginny wrote in it, Tom Riddle would write back. Ginny loved Tom dearly. He listened to her better than anyone in real life.

"Lumos!" Ginny muttered under her breath, and her wand came to life with a little blue light. Fred and George had taught her several spells behind their Mother's back. Her light spell wasn't very strong, but it did the trick. Ginny began to write.

Dear Tom,
I started at Hogwarts today! I'm so exited for tomorrow! I've met so many nice people already! Sadly Harry isn't here yet. Supposedly him and Ron, my idiot brother, crashed my dads flying car!

Ginny watched as her words sank into the page and Tom swiftly replied.

Harry Potter hasn't arrived yet?

Ginny scribbled back.

No, not last I heard.

Tom wrote, That is interesting.