66

Viola stormed out of the woods fuming. She didn't know why the encounter with Ginny had made her so angry, but it had. In truth she was rather glad someone had come along, otherwise she most certainly would've been put under the cruciatis curse. But why did it have to be Ginny? And why Ginny have to use the Bat Bogey spell? It was like she was trying to run it in Viola's face. Look, I'm going to save you, using your signature spell! Hahaha! The whole ordeal had made Viola hate the red head even more, because now she felt like she was in debt to her.

The camp had settled into a state of high-strung relief. The Death Eaters had dispersed. Viola assumed it was because of the Dark Mark hovering in the sky. They must've got cold feet realizing that if the Dark Lord was back, he wasn't going to be very happy with all of them who had lied themselves out of Azkaban.

Viola hurried across camp, back to her tent. She found her father being helped to his feet by a Ministry Wizard.

His scruffy face was scrunched up in pain.

"Father," said Viola as she approached. "Are you alright?"

Roderick's eyes widened. He looked around as he leaned on the Ministry wizards shoulder.

"Viola! You're safe!" he said in a relieved tone of voice. "Good . . ."

For a moment Father and Daughter stared at each other. Then the Ministry wizard addressed Viola in a whiney voice.

"This is your father?" the man said. Viola nodded. "Alright, I'll ask you to take care of them. He's a bit shaken, he was just put under the cruciatis curse for quite a while. Take him back to your tent to get some rest. There'll  be portkeys ready to leave by morning."

Viola nodded and moved to take the wizards place supporting her father. Once he was positioned comfortably, they limped back to the tent together.

🦇🦇🦇

The next week at the Weasley home was a hectic one.

After seeing the Dark Mark in the sky, Ginny, Fred and George had hurried back to camp to find Bill, Charlie and Percy already back at the tent. They were all looking pretty scratched up.

"Ginny! Fred! George!" said Charlie, who had a rip in his shirt. "You're alright!"

"Yeah," said Fred. He continued grimly. "Did you see the Mark in the sky?"

All three of the elder Weasley brothers nodded.

"Of course we did," said Bill grimly. He was nursing a bloody arm. "How could we miss it?"

"Where are the others? Aren't they back yet?" Ginny asked, looking around the tent for any sight of Ron, Harry and Hermione.

"We thought they were with you," said Bill, frowning between the three of them.

"We got separated," said George.

"Well that was irresponsible of you," said Percy, in a rather muffled voice. He was pinching his nose with his head leaning back. Blood was edging from it.

"It wasn't our fault!" said Fred, "They were right behind us, and then they weren't."

"You should've gone looking for them," said Percy.

"We were trying to get Ginny out of harms way," argued George.

"Well if you hadn't lost them in the first place-"