21

However pretending was not as easy as easy as Ginny anticipated. The Chamber of Secretes was all the school could talk about.

"I'm so exited!" said Colin on Wednesday morning during Charms with the Slytherins. "I can't believe something so exiting is happening during my first year at Hogwarts! What if I could get a picture of the monster? That would be wicked! Wouldn't it?"

"Yeah..." said Ginny rather faintly. She was sick of the subject. She felt nauseous every time she thought about it.

"I wonder who the heir of Slytherin could be!" said Colin. His whole face was lit with eagerness. By now everyone knew the history of the Chamber.

"You're joking right?" said a voice.

Ginny and Colin both looked around. A dark haired Gryffindor boy, Rowen, was sneering at them from across the aisle. Ginny had taken an immediate disliking to the quiet, pale, sneerful boy.

"What are you talking about?" asked Ginny.

"You can't actually wonder who the heir is, it's obvious!" said Rowen.

His words were directed at Colin but Ginny replied coldly,"Well if it's so obvious, why don't you tell us who it is?"

"It's Harry Potter!" said Rowen "He was right there when the cat was attacked!"

"Don't be stupid," scoffed Ginny.

"I'm not being stupid. Only the people who think Harry Potter is innocent are stupid."

Ginny clenched her jaw and glared at Rowen. "Harry is one of the nicest, kindest people you will ever meet! He would never do that to anyone, even a cat."

"Sure," said Rowan.

"Actually I think Weasley is right," said a girls cold voice. Morgana Rosier, a Slytherin girl, stood up at her desk. "Harry isn't the heir of Slytherin. He just an attention seeking prat who's famous for nothing except a stupid scar!"

Ginny jumped to her feet.

"That isn't true at all! Harry defeated the You-Know-Who when he was just s baby! He's done more than any of you will probably ever do!" said Ginny.

"That's right!" piped up Colin. "You're all just jealous!"

"Jealous?" scoffed Morgana. "Of that kid? I don't think so. I would never stoop as low as he has - arriving in flying cars and the like! The boy can't stay away from the spotlight! He'll do anything for a bit of attention!"

"That, and the he's the heir of Slytherin," added Rowan under his breath.

Ginny whipped out her wand.

"Of any of you say anything else bad about Harry, I swear I will hex you!" said Ginny fiercely.

"Looks like someone's got a little crush," muttered Rowan.

Ginny was distracted from blushing by Morgana's next words.

"Go ahead and try," she folded her arms over chest. "I'm not scared,"

Ginny hesitated. An idea bloomed in her mind.

"Fine if your not scared, I challenge you to a duel," said Ginny.