23

Viola had been shamed. For a few weeks, after she'd hexed Hugo, Viola had felt like she was becoming more popular. Most of the Slytherins in her year had seemed to like her, some even admired her, slightly. But now all that was gone, because Viola had let Ginny Weasley beat her in a duel. Now Viola was back to sitting with herself, while she tried to ignore the taunts thrown at her.

🦇🦇🦇

A few weeks after Ginny's duel with Viola came the first Quidditch match of the season. It was Gryffindor verses Slytherin.

Ginny headed down to the stadium with her fellow Gryffindor first years.

"I'm so exited!" Colin said to Ginny, she was one of the few people who would endure his relentless chatter. "I've never seen a game of Quidditch before!" He had his camera ready in his arms. "Someone told me it's a little like basket ball!"

Ginny frowned in confusion, as she took off her scarf. Despite the fact that it was mid-November, the air was slightly muggy and it seemed like it might thunder.

"What's basketball?" Ginny asked.

"It a game where you have to throw a ball into a basket on a pole," said Colin excitedly. "I played once and got knocked out by another player! It was wicked!"

"Do you play on brooms?" asked Ginny, very confused.

"No," said Peggy. She was dressed in a pair of denim overalls under her cloak. "Muggles don't play sports on broomsticks. They prefer to keep both feet on the ground."

"Well that doesn't seem quite as fun," said Ginny.

Peggy shrugged. "That's how they do it."

The group, all sporting Gryffindor colors, headed across the grounds to the Quidditch stadium, along with most of the Hogwarts population. Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff were anxious to see the Slytherins beaten, especially since Draco Malfoy'd father had bought the whole team Nimbus two thousand an ones, which were the fastest brooms around.

Ginny settled down on a bench in the Quidditch stadium. Colin sat on one side of her, and Vera sat on the other.

"Here they come!" shrieked Wish, who was sitting behind them with Romilda.

The crowd erupted into cheers -and boos from the Slytherins- as Gryffindor strode out onto the pitch. Ginny's stomach  fluttered as she spotted Harry. He looked so nice in his scarlet Quidditch robes.

Madam Hooch, the Quidditch teacher told Oliver Wood, captain of the Gryffindor team, and Marcus Flint, captain of the Slytherin team to shake hands. They did, but it looked more like they were trying to break each other's hands off, than anything else.

"On my whistle," called Madam Hooch. "Three...two...one..."

With a roar from the crowd, the game commenced. Ginny watched as Harry flew above everyone else. He was searching for the snitch. Draco Malfoy zipped by Harry as if showing off.

Ginny glowered at the blond haired boy. She absolutely hated Draco Malfoy. Back during the summer they had run into him at Florish and Blotts. He had insulted Harry after Harry was pulled up to the front of the shop for a photo with Gilderoy Lockhart.