56

"I can't find my tie," said Viola, throwing open her trunk and beginning to rummage through it's contents with a distraught expression upon her face. She was a organized person and it distressed her greatly to misplace anything.

It was several weeks after Morgana was visited by the boggart, and the boggart had neither returned, nor had anyone made any progress in discovering the culprit, although Viola, Ava and Hugo had tried. So naturally Bertha and Morgana seemed to still think it was Viola.

Now that it was May, Viola had become less interested in the boggart, and more interested in the upcoming exams.

"It's over here," said Ava.

Viola turned to her friend, then drew back in horror. Lying on the floor was the mangled, dead body of Auggie the bat.

"No!" Viola gasped.

Viola felt her mind go numb in shock as she stared at the body. But then she remembered she had just fed Auggie five minutes ago and he had been perfectly fine. Besides, hadn't her boggart looked exactly like that?

Viola looked around the dormitory to her pet's cage. Sure enough, there was Auggie, clinging to the bars of the cage.

Viola faced the dead bat before her with a grim expression. She raise her wand and calmly said "Riddikulus!"

With a poof, the dead bat turned into a a bat shaped hat.

"Ha!" said Viola, and the hat suddenly disappeared from sight.

Viola found all the other girls were staring at her.

"Boggart," Viola said simply, tucking her wand back into the pocket of her robes, "So I guess you two can take back everything you said about me being the culprit."

Her last words were directed at Morgana and Bertha.

"No, actually," said Morgana, her green eyes narrowed at Viola.

"But obviously it wasn't anyone in this room," said Viola, "because we were all attacked!"

"On the contrary," said Morgana, "That boggart was just released in our dorm, it has to have been someone in this room."

"A passing Slytherin could've slipped it through the door," suggested Bertha.

Morgana glared at her friend. "Quiet Bertha!" She turned back to Viola. "I still think it was you."

"Or maybe it was you, but you're just accusing me as a cover up!" challenged Viola.

Morgana snorted. "Whatever Lestrange."

"That's right, whatever," grumbled Viola angrily. She hated being accused of such a thing, but she knew there was no way to sway Morgana and Bertha's minds.

"You handled that very well," said Ava, who was standing there looking rather stunned, holding Viola's Slytherin tie out to her.

"Thank you," said Viola, taking the tie and tying it around her neck.

"The rest of us just cried our eyes out," Ava laughed lightly.

"Speak for your self!" snapped Morgana, angrily.

Viola turned on the girl. "Oh please Morgana! You were sobbing your head off, and also, its rude to eavesdrop."

Viola snatched her school bag off her bed, and marched out of the dormitory. Ava came hurrying after her.

"Sorry," Viola said, slowing down as they headed into the common room, "I just couldn't stand Morgana anymore."

"It's alright," said Ava.

"I know I said I don't care what they think, and I don't, but it's annoying being accused as the boggart culprit over and over again!" said Viola.

Ava nodded, and the two girls fell silent as they left the common room.

"Who do you think it is?" Viola asked.

Ava shrugged. "I dunno, but let's hurry down to breakfast. I'm starving."

The two girls found Hugo sitting at the Hufflepuff table.

"It's Viola Potter!" Hugo said, grinning at Viola.

Viola rolled her eyes as she sat down beside him. He'd been making that joke since he'd found out Viola used to fancy Harry, and it had gotten so old she wasn't even embarrassed by it anymore.

"There was a boggart," said Viola.

Hugo's gray eyes widened. "Really? Did you see the culprit?"

Viola shook her head. "Sadly not," she turned to Ava who had sat beside her, "but Morgana is right, as much as I hate to say, it is most likely someone in our dormitory." Viola thought. "But it's obviously not me, and it's obviously not Ava. Bertha doesn't have the brains to come up with something like that . . . so it would have to be Morgana!"

Hugo nodded. "She seems like the kind of person who would set boggarts on people."

Ava laughed. "Hugo, could you define someone who seems like they would set boggart on people?"

"You know, mean, slightly scary- Morgana basically," said Hugo.

Viola was barely listening to the two. If it was Morgana, how could they prove it?