46

"OY! GET OFF YOU STUPID ANIMAL!"

Ginny looked up at the sound of her brothers voice. She was in the common room doing her homework with Demelza and Colin.

A few minutes ago the room had been in a buzz because the first trip into Hogsmeade had been announced, then the Quidditch team had come in from practice, including a wind swept Harry, and now a ruckus had broke out.

Hermione's cat Crookshanks had just attacked Ron's school bag which Ron's pet rat was sleeping in.

While Ginny adored the fluffy, rather grumpy and flat-faced cat, Ron had taken an immediate disliking to the cat after he attacked his head in Magical Menagerie at Diagon Alley, and it didn't help that Crookshanks kept eyeing Scabbers like he was ready for lunch.

"Ron don't hurt him!" Hermione squealed.

Ron seized the bag and started whirling  it around to shake off the cat, but Crookshanks had sunk his claws deep into the fabric.

The whole common room watched as the rat came flying out of the top.

"CATCH THAT CAT!" Ron yelped.

Ginny's brother George lunged for Crookshanks, but missed. Ginny shook her head at her brothers.

"I can't believe I'm related to these idiots," said Ginny.

Demelza laughed.

Finally Ron through himself down on top of the rat, then he turned on Hermione.

"Look at him! He's skin and bone! You keep that cat away from him!"

"Crookshanks doesn't understand it's wrong," said Hermione, her voice shook. "All cat's chase rats, Ron!"

Ron refused to see reason and continued to argue with Hermione until he stormed upstairs.

Hermione was left clutching Crookshanks, while looking both annoyed and hurt at the same time.

"Don't mind Ron," said Ginny, getting to her feet and over to Hermione. "Ron's just a big prat."

"Well, I knew that already," said Hermione, but Ginny could tell Hermione was still bothered by the little spat.

🦇🦇🦇

Mid-October Viola was just exiting the girls bathroom when she ran into a blonde haired someone who had her face in her hands. The girl bumped into Viola, then looked up at her with a tear stained face.

"Ava?" said Viola in bewilderment.

Ava let out a choked sob, then threw her arms around Viola. Viola stood awkwardly as Ava began to wail into Viola's shoulder.

"W-what's wrong?" Viola got out.

"It was just awful!" Ava choked in a muffled voice.

Viola searched her mind desperately for something to say in order to comfort the upset girl.

"I-" started Viola, but at that moment Ginny Weasley walked into the bathroom, to Viola's great relief.

"Oh,"said Ginny coming to a halt. "Hello-"

Ginny frowned when she heard Ava's sobs.

Help me, Viola mouthed to Ginny.

Ginny didn't hesitate a second. She came to Viola's side and gently pried Ava off.