45

The first month of school was the most wonderful time in all Viola's twelve years.

The sole cause for Viola's happiness were her friends. Hugo, Ava and Viola stuck together almost all the time, except when the Hufflepuffs had separate classes from the Slytherins. They enjoyed themselves by indulging in all sorts of activities, from just doing homework to trying to get through Greenhouse Five without getting bit by the Venemous Tentacula.

Every once in a while Viola would run into Ginny, they would talk and everything seemed well between the two former rivals.

Viola was also thrilled to be loose of Morgana and Bertha, and no longer did any of the Slytherins homework as she did last year.

Although the girl didn't realize it, one of the biggest reasons she was so happy was because she had loosened up in personality quite a bit. The year before she'd been so focused on achieving good grades in school and in having friends that she'd never actually got around to enjoying herself.

Now Viola smiled frequently and laughed without reluctance.

Ginny Weasley also saw a great improvement in her life at Hogwarts, she didn't have any memory lapses and barely ever ran into a dementor.

However the red head's first weeks of school were not quite as blissful as Viola's.

Ginny had two problems on her freckled hands. One was potions class. Ginny hated the awful smells which more than often wafted from the classes cauldrons. As she had the year before, Ginny attempted to add in some nice smelling scents, her particular favorite was a flowery scent made from lilac essence, but whenever she tried any of these scent additives Professor Snape would notice and she'd get in trouble, even though her potions came out perfectly fine.

The other problem came in the shape of a tall, overly confident boy in her year, and house; Grady MacLaggen. The boy had an obvious crush on Ginny, and he had a rather annoying way of showing it.

"Hey Ginny," said Grady, one day in late September. He pushed his way past Vera and Peggy who Ginny was walking with.

"Rude," Ginny heard Vera whisper indigently.

Ginny looked over at the boy wearily. Grady was the miniature version of his older brother Cormac, who was a fourth year. He was tall, broad and always wore an over confident grin.

"Want me to carry your books?" He asked her, already reaching for them.

"Er, no thanks," said Ginny, pulling her books out of arms reach. "We're almost to the class room."

She sped ahead of the boy. The other Gryffindor girls followed.

"I don't know why you're so rude to him," said Wish. "He's so cute! I'd give anything to go on a date with him."

Demelza Robbins wrinkled up her nose in disgust. "A date? We're only twelve!"

"You know you can't wait around for Harry forever," said Pamela loftily as she drifted into the transfiguration classroom.

Ginny's jaw dropped as she stared after the girl. She felt her cheeks flaming red. Was it that obvious she fancied Harry Potter?

"Don't mind her," said Vera Raymond, patting Ginny's shoulder in a comforting way.

Ginny had the misfortune of being seated right in front of Grady McLaggen in Transfiguration on Wednesdays.