49

"Viola! You're here!" Hugo yelled jubilantly upon her entrance into the train compartment where he and Ava were seated.

Viola staggered back alarmed as Hugo tackled her in a hug. Viola hadn't been hugged very much as a child, so too much physical contact made her rather uncomfortable.

"Yep, I'm here," Viola said, prying Hugo off.

"We were so worried you wouldn't be able to come," said Ava, smiling at her from where she sat.

It was the end of the holidays and the Hogwarts express was already on it's way back to the castle.

As soon as her mother had left her bedroom way back at the beginning of the holidays, Viola had written to Hugo and Ava, telling them what had happened and that she might not be coming back to Hogwarts.

Several minutes later Viola's father had arrived. Roderick Lestrange ranted to his daughter about the statute of secrecy for a good ten minutes, and made sure she was aware she had broken it severely. However Viola was already knew all of this. She hadn't meant to cast that spell, but when she saw Jinx about to fall, at a height that would've hurt him severely, she couldn't stop herself.

And with Jinx curled up in her lap, safe and sound, Viola knew she wouldn't change what she had done for all the galleons in the world.

Luckily her parents had been able to convince her grandparents that it had just been a little magic trick she'd been working on. And that wasn't exactly a lie.

However Viola's future at Hogwarts was still on the line until two day's before her departure when Roderick finally convinced Ira that their daughter needed to go to school.

Roderick was not especially fond of his daughter, nor was he  close to her at all, but he didn't see any point in taking her away from school. For all they knew, she might end up a famous witch someday.

Ira probably wouldn't have agreed if Roderick hadn't mentioned how hard it would be to get Viola into different boarding school at this time of year, so she would probably just have to stay at home.

But thankfully he did mention that, and Viola was allowed to head back to Hogwarts.

"I'm so glad the holidays are over, and I'm so glad I'm going back to Hogwarts," said Viola, entering the compartment and sitting beside Ava. She opened up her pets cage, allowing the rat, bat and snake to come out.

"Of course you are," said Hugo, with a smirk, sitting across from the girl.

Viola raised an eyebrow, "And what is that supposed to mean?"

"Oh, nothing," said Hugo, "Just . . . how else are you supposed to see Harry?"

Viola groaned and hid her face in her hands.

"Ugh! Not this again Hugo!"  said Viola.

Ava giggled.

"I won't stop until you admit you fancy him!" Hugo started to sing, "Viola and Harry sitting in a tree, S- N-O-G-G-I-N-G-"

Viola let out a screech then launched herself across the room at the boy.

He shrieked at a very high pitch and put up his hands in surrender.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!"

Viola moved back into her seat, while Hugo sat up, straightening himself.

"It's alright to fancy someone," said Hugo, "I'll tell you who I fancy!"

Viola rolled her eyes then asked without interest, "Who?"