63

"Ginny! Hermione! It's time to get up dears! Ginny! Up!"

Ginny groaned and rolled onto her side in her bed. She squeezed her eyes tightly shut, then forced them to open up. Her eyes were met by the sight of darkness.

"I'm going back to sleep," Ginny mumbled, and she promptly did just that.

What felt like only seconds later her mums voice was jarring them awake again.

"Do you girls want to go to the Cup? If so you'd better get up! Now!"

"Right," said Ginny, sitting up in bed with a opening her eyes. "The cup."

Ginny reached across her nightstand through the dark and flicked on the lamp. She was blinded by a orange light. When she'd adjusted to the sudden change in sight, Ginny saw Hermione sitting up in bed, her hair wild as she stared blearily back at Ginny.

"Well, I suppose we'd better get ready," said Hermione.

The two girls dressed, then headed down into the kitchen where Arthur, Fred, George, Ron and Harry were already eating breakfast while Molly bustled around making sandwiches.

"Why do we have to be up so early?" asked Ginny, rubbing her eyes and sitting down at the kitchen table.

"We've got a bit of a walk," said Arthur.

"Walk?" said Harry, "What, are we walking to the World Cup?"

"No, no, that's miles away," said Arthur. "We only have to walk a short way. It's just that it's very difficult   for a large number of wizards to congregate without attracting Muggle attention. We have to be very careful about traveling at the best of times, and on huge occasions like the Quidditch World Cup-"

"George!" snapped Molly, making everyone jump and look around.

"What?" said George in a innocent voice that deceived no one.

"What's that on your robes?"

"Nothing!"

"Don't you lie to me! Accio!"

Several bright colored objects zoomed out of George's pocket; George made a grab for them, but his mother snatched them up.

Ginny cast her brothers a sympathetic look as their mother proceeded to summon all their sweets from them. Ginny knew they'd been working on those for months.

Mrs Weasley was still in a bad mood when the time came for them to set off, but nothing could dampen Ginny's spirits now that she was properly awake. They were going to the World Cup!

With packs on their backs, and three bacon sandwiches a person, the group set off down the woody path before them.

🦇🦇🦇

The only sound was the that of leaves crunching beneath their feet as Viola and her father made there way through the forest. Both of them had packs upon there back, and expressions on distress on their faces.

Finally the silence between them became to awkward to bare, and if Roderick hadn't spoken, Viola would've.

"So . . . You like school?" Roderick asked.

Viola nodded, relieved he had said something. "Yes, I do."

"What's . . . Your favorite class?"

"Probably Charms," said Viola, "Or potions. But I'm starting Care of Magical Creatures this year, so I expect that will become my favorite."