32

Viola left her and Hugo's argument with a heart determined to find and steal back what was probably Ginny's Plot Book, and prove Ginny the culprit.

Hugo offered to help but Viola rejected all offers, as well as his abundant apologies. Once again she found herself friendless.

She snuck alone after Harry to a Herbology class one early afternoon. She found his bag, but it did not contain the diary. He must've stopped carrying it around.

February faded into March and no more attacks had occurred. Although she would never have admitted it to anyone, especially Hugo, Viola began to doubt herself. Maybe the book really was just a book, and not a record containing Ginny's plans to open the Chamber. Maybe Ginny wasn't the one opening that Chamber. Maybe all her day dreams of glory for catching the culprit had just been time wasted.

As April approached, the Chamber was becoming less and less of a threat in Hogwarts. People seemed to be forgetting it had even happened. And the people who hadn't forgot about it seemed to think the attacks had ended. Gilderoy Lockhart had been heard bragging loudly that it was he who had rid the halls of Slytherins monster.

The Chamber moved to the back of even Viola's mind as she began to concentrate more on school work, thinking she might as well do the best she could in class even if she couldn't  become a hero for saving the school.

However it was impossible for Viola to forget about the whole thing entirely. She came up with a theory in which the book really was full of Ginny's plots and when Harry, Ron and Hermione discovered this secrete they knew they couldn't do Ginny in, out of loyalty, so instead they told Ginny if she attacked any one else they would show Dumbledore the proof. And that was why there hadn't been any more attacks.

It was a good theory, Viola thought, but she still had no proof to support it. So she kept her head down, waiting for the right moment to put everything into play.

🦇🦇🦇

Easter holidays arrived and again Ginny found herself spending a holiday with a heart full of dread. She still hadn't got her diary back. She never got the chance. The Common Room was always full of people and she was too scared to try anything.

Ginny wandered the corridors of Hogwarts trying to come up with a fool proof plan to get the diary back. But no matter how hard she wracked her brain, no ideas would come to her.

Ginny decided she would sit down for a moment in a empty classroom. Maybe that would help her think.

Ginny slipped into the nearest classroom. She looked back over her shoulder as she entered to make sure no one saw her. When she turned around her eyes widened in shock. There in front of her was a boy and a girl kissing. The boy had flaming red hair.

Ginny dropped the books she'd carried from her last class in shock. "Percy?" Ginny cried in surprise.

The two broke apart and Percy whirled around, hastily fixing his glasses. Ginny's hand flew to her mouth in horror at her impulsive cry.

"Ginny!" exclaimed Percy. His cheeks flushed red. Ginny hadn't ever seen him so embarrassed before. "What're you- I just-well. This is Penelope Clearwater." He gestured at the girl beside him.

Ginny let her hand fall and she smiled shyly at the girl. Penelope Clearwater was a Ravenclaw girl with long, curly hair.