31

Ginny was at a loss of what to do. Harry had Tom Riddles diary. That was horrible in so many ways. Ginny had told Tom so much about Harry, how wonderful he was and how much she liked him. What if Tom told Harry everything? Although Harry must already know Ginny liked him after Malfoy yelled that horrible thing after her. Fred and George wouldn't stop singing "His eyes are as green as a fresh pickled toad" which didn't help matters at all.

What if Tom told him she had opened the Chamber? Or even worse, what if Tom made Harry open the Chamber of secretes? What if he made Harry start attacking people?

Ginny's fortnight of happiness was over as she tried to figure out what to do about the situation. She had to get the diary back.

Meanwhile Viola and Hugo were doing the exact same thing. Trying to get the diary.

"Why do I have to do it?" asked Hugo incredulously.

"Because you are better with people!" said Viola.

"I am not!" said Hugo. "You just told me five minutes ago that I'm annoying as a dog tick!"

The two were lingering outside the great hall by the entrance doors. They kept there eyes on their target; Hermione Granger was sitting at the Gryffindor table, leafing through a book that looked like it belonged to Lockhart's collection.

Viola rolled her eyes. "I take it back. You're not annoying. People like you!"

Hugo's eyebrows went up. "People do not like me-"

"I like you," insisted Viola. "Now go!"

She shoved Hugo and he went stumbling into the great hall. A few nearby people eyed him and his ungrateful entrance. Hugo cast a glance back at Viola, then, bracing himself, he approached Hermione.

"Hullo!" he said cheerily.

Hermione glanced up from her book. She gave him a tight smile. "Good morning."

"Is that Voyage with Vampires?" Hugo asked.

"Yes," said Hermione. "Do you need help with something?"

"No, no. Marvelous man...Lockhart. Don't you think? Say, do you have any classes with Lockhart today?"

"No. I don't," said Hermione.

Hugo leaned against the Gryffindor table in a would-be casual manner.

"Oh really? No? That's interesting. So what classes do you have?"

Hermione just stared at him blankly. Then she shook her head as if clearing it. "I am sorry. Why are you asking exactly?"

"Oh you know," said Hugo. "Just, er, getting to know the community!"

"I see," said Hermione, giving him a slightly disdainful once-over. "Well it was nice meeting you-"

"Hugo."

"It was nice meeting you Hugo. Now excuse me while I do some studying."

With that she buried her nose in her book. Hugo's shoulders slumped. He turned away from Hermione to head out of the great hall, and found himself face to face with two Gryffindor boys, who Hugo thought were in Harry's year.

"Hullo!" said Hugo cheerily.

The two glanced at each other, then back at Hugo.

"Er, sorry," said the much taller of the two. "But do we know you?"

"Yes. I'm Hugo. Nice to meet you. What classes do you have today?"

The shorter one looked at the taller one and spoke in a Irish accent. "Wait, what classes do we have today, Dean?"