95

This chapter is dedicated to Azura12323 Honestly, just thank you so much for reading my story. I really do appreciate it :)

___________________________

In their duel, both Viola and Ginny had forgotten all about remembering where they were. They must've dropped their bags of bread crumbs a while back as well.  They now found themselves in a clump of trees that were completely unrecognizable, and there wasn't a single bread crumb to be seen.

Ginny heard movement behind her, and knew the immobilization spell must've lifted. But she didn't bother to look at Viola, even though it was greatly possible the Slytherin girl might try and hex her while her back was turned. Ginny was too concerned about the unfamiliar trees around her to worry about being attacked by bat-bogeys.

"Brilliant," said Ginny."We're lost."

Ginny turned around to face Viola.

"Well don't look at me!" said Viola. "It's not my fault!"

"I didn't say it was," said Ginny coolly.

"Well, it sounded like you were blaming me," Viola grumbled.

"Well, I wasn't," said Ginny, "But that really isn't important. We need to try and find a way out of here. Do you know what direction we came from?"

Both girls fell silent as they slowly turned in circles, examining the surroundings of the small clearing they stood in.

Trees to the left, trees to the right, trees in every direction Ginny looked, and that was it. Just trees. She pulled out her wand and whispered, "lumos!"

The clearing lit up with blue light, and illuminated all the trees around them, but Ginny still saw nothing more than trees.

"Maybe there are footprints," said Viola.

Ginny looked around just in time to see Viola drop to the ground and began examining the forest floor. Her wand was alight as well.

Thinking that maybe they'd damaged some forest foliage when they came crashing into the clearing, Ginny began searching for ripped leaves, crushed mushrooms or anything that might indicate two dueling girls had come through that way.

Ginny came upon a path-like way between two bushes. They certainly could've fit through that way.

"Viola, over here," said Ginny.

A moment later Viola appeared at her side, wearing a dismayed expression.

"What is it?" she asked.

Ginny pointed at ahead.

"Maybe we came that way," said Ginny.

"Maybe," said Viola doubtfully. "But could have easily come from that way!"

Viola pointed between two trees. Ginny frowned at the other girl.

"I guess. Let's just try going this way, and if we don't come across something familiar soon, we'll turn back and try a different way," said Ginny.

"But how are we going to find our way back here?"

"We can use our socks," said Ginny instantly.