73

Viola was up nice and early. So early she told Hugo he could sneak into the common room without being caught.

"Good morning!" said Hugo loudly as he strode into the dark common room.

Viola and Ava, who were both sitting by a table surrounded by bottles and herbs, all illuminated by candlelight, both turned to Hugo and hissed, "Shhhh!"

Viola was surprised to see a messy haired, blurry-eyed Clemi trailing behind him.

"Yeah you don't want any of them blood-sucking Slytherins to wake up and find a muggleborn like you here," said Clemi dryly.

Ava frowned at Clemi. "Blood sucking . . . Slytherins?"

"Yep. Some girl in my dormitory told me that all the Slytherins are vampires."

"Vampires?" laughed Ava. "Well I don't think we're that bad!"

"I didn't say it," said Clemi with a shrug.

"Good morning Clemi," said Viola brightly, ignoring the whole vampire ordeal. She looked up from her work to smile at the girl. "I didn't expect you to be here this morning."

"Neither did I. Hugo dragged me along," grumbled Clemi, "Although I couldn't tell you why."

"I dragged you along," said Hugo cheerfully as he entered the common room. "Because I enjoy your company."

Clemi snorted.

"That's likely seeing as no ones ever enjoyed my company," she turned to Ava and Viola. "He came bursting into my dormitory at four in the morning to wake me up!"

"Hugo, you shouldn't go in the girl's dormitory," scolded Ava.

"How'd you get up the slide?" asked Viola curiously, referring to the slide that the stairs leading to the dormitory would turn into if a boy tried to go up then.

"Easy," said Hugo. He threw himself down on a sofa. "I climbed it. It's really not that hard. I dunno why no one else has figured it out before . . ."

"As strange as it sounds," said Clemi, "it might be because some pure-blood wizards have never seen a slide before," said Clemi. "I mean the there's also the fact that the boy's are just stupid . . . But then, Hugo wouldn't have been able to get up if that was why."

"Are you pure-blood?" Viola asked Clemi curiously. "Not that it matters," she added quickly.

Clemi nodded. "Yes."

Everyone waited for the girl to elaborate, but that was all she said.

"Well," said Viola, clapping her hands together and standing up. "I think that's it."

Viola proudly held her little vile of aging potion up.

"Are you sure that's going to work?" said Clemi doubtfully.

"Yes," said Viola rather defensively, "of course I am."

"And now we're off to the Goblet of fire!" said Hugo, jumping to his feet. "Let's go!"

He linked arms with Viola and started to slip and sing at the same time.

"We're off to see the Goblet! The wonderful Goblet of Fire!"

"Stop it Hugo!" said Viola, shaking the boy off.

They continued on their way.