42

Hey guys! I decided to update today in honor of the fact that Bat Bogey Hexers won fourth place in the Shoot for the Stars Awards fanfiction category! I was totally shocked, but super excited! So yeah!

Also I just got finished with a dance show, so I have a lot more free time on my hands which (probably) means more updates! Thanks for reading as always!

___________________________

The Weasleys had a wonderful time in Egypt. The summer sped by in a whirl of pyramids, hot sun, and even more freckles than they started with.

Before Ginny knew it, September 1st had arrived, and they were heading onto Kings Cross Station to board the Hogwarts express.

Ginny ran through the barrier onto platform nine and three quarters and emerged panting to where Harry Potter and her dad were already waiting.

A grin split over Ginny's face when she saw the scarlet steam engine ahead and the crowds of students filling the station.

"Ah, there's Penelope!" said Percy, smoothing his hair and going pink.

Ginny caught Harry's eye, and they both turned away to hide their laughter as Percy strode off to greet a girl with long, curly hair.

Although Ginny had swore she'd be less shy around Harry this year, so far she hadn't made much progress with it. They'd met up with the thirteen-year-old in Diagon Alley a week ago, and all
Ginny had managed to do was blush red, mutter "hello" and try not to look at him.

It only made it more embarrassing to be around him when Ginny thought about how he'd saved her from the Chamber last spring. But Ginny tried not to think about that. Last year was in the past, and this year would be much different. Much better.

🦇🦇🦇

Viola waved to her parents as they walked away. Then she turned, with luggage in hand to face the platform, which was flooded with people. She stood on tiptoe, searching amongst the heads for a certain curly mop. But Hugo was no where in sight.

Viola hoisted up her luggage and headed onto the train. She sat in the first empty compartment she found, put her luggage up in the rack, and then took a seat. She would just have to wait for Hugo.

It wasn't long before the compartment door swung open. Viola looked around, expecting to see Hugo. It wasn't him. It was, however, someone Viola recognized. It was Ava Scarlett, a fellow Slytherin.

"Oh," said Ava, blinking in surprise at the sight of Viola. She started to back out of the room. "Sorry. I thought this compartment was empty-"

"Wait," said Viola. "You can sit in here if you'd like!"

Viola still felt guilty about some of the things that she had done last year. Among them were hexing Hugo, growing a grudge against Ginny, hiding Luna Lovegood's things, and letting Bertha Bulstrode and Morgana and Rosier bully Ava. Viola had righted the wrongs with Hugo, and her and Ginny had ended the year on good terms, so all that left was Ava and Luna.

Ava's expression brightened. "Are you sure?"

Viola nodded. "Yeah."

"Thanks," Ava said.

The curly-blonde headed girl entered the compartment. She put her luggage up on the rack then sat down across from Viola.