Chapter 1 "Beginnings"

"Y/n?" Could you pass me that?" Eunha asks, well, not really asks, more like a sweet demand.

"Yeah, here." You hand her the wooden spoon that has been chipped and beaten until this day. It's the only one the camp has, so we can't complain.

"Did mark ever respond to your question?" Lila shakes her head at Eunha's question. Obviously bummed.

"I will seriously go kick his face in if you wan-" she immediately shook her head

"Maybe, he just needs more time. You know? Like I did.." she mumbles, woven with doubt

"The offer still stands. Oh Y/n. Do you mind to go get the crate from the back?" She ignores your glares and you simply listen. Not like you have a choice.

You're a omega, also known as the slaves of the camp. Cause we are so bubbly and free, that we will listen to anyone.

We really don't have a choice though, if we make a mistake. From mistaking a elites name to a more serious crime, such as theft or murder. You get kicked out or.. dealt with. Whatever that means. Omegas are only trained in brief. Like how to start a fire to make shelters. Everything else? Like how to catch prey, fight, even making clothes are only taught to higher ranks. We're not really trusted.

And if you get kicked out, you get left on your own in the woods. Which is certain death for a omega. And rumors go wild about other gangs out there that are just evil, to stay away from. Which keeps omegas afraid and in their place.

But you? You act clueless, forgetful, like a omega. Why? Because you don't want to lose who you are. People change as power comes to them. Which results in tantrums and reckless fights. That the omegas don't know about. You like being in the shadows, You don't need attention like all the others. You like where you are. You don't want it to change.

"Y/n!? What is taking so long!?" Your eyes widen, realizing your black out.

"S-sorry! I'm coming!" You pick up the box before reaching the others.