(S2) Chapter 30 - Unlikely Ties

"Taehyung, Where were you?" Jieun tilts her head, her arms crossed, her eyes brows clashed.

"I was out."

"I know that- I'm asking where you were! Minhee told me you two were going to go to the park today."

My breath sharpens.

Sh*t, I knew I forgot something.

"You were out with your girlfriend again weren't you?"

"Does it matter who I was with?"

"Yes, actually it does. You know how mom feels about her!" I groan, turning around to walk to my room when she grabs my wrist.

"Why are you acting like a spoiled brat lately? Can't you see that all we want is to help you! Yet you are forgetting your family and going out to hangout with your girlfriend and her friends!"

"Jieun, you know you don't mean that-"

"I do, I mean it from the bottom of my heart." She sighs.

"I- We, need our brother back." She whispers, but loud enough for me to hear.

I bite my lip, before turning my head towards her.

"I'm sorry. I-"

——

"Taehyung, wake up."

"Taehyung. Taehyung wake up!" I feel my body being shaken, someone speaking to me.

My eyes finally snap open when said someone punched my arm.

"Jeez, about time. You were really out weren't you?" I groan, looking around me. The seats had become empty while a few strangers grab their things.

We must have landed.

I sit up, wiping my eyes.

That dream was so vivid, it's almost like I was there again.

"Come on dreamer, we've gotta go. We're gonna miss our ride."

——

"What do you mean she isn't here?" Jins voice strangles out, his mother holding back tears, his father holding her tightly, trying to sooth her.

"She- she hasn't been home for the past two days, she hasn't been at school either. The police have searched and still no sign of her! It's all my fault!" She cries, Jin walks up to her and hugs her tightly.

"No, no mom. Don't blame yourself. We'll find her." She shakes her head.

"I should have never sent her out, If I knew she would have never come back-"

"Mom, please. You couldn't have possibly seen this."

"I just- I want my daughter back. I lost her once, I don't want to lose her forever this time."

"She's a strong girl, she's come back from a shipwreck honey, she can come back after anything." The man spoke.

As Jin was talking to his parents, I stood around the wall, listening to what was being said, my mind clouded with thoughts.

I knew something was wrong.

When she stopped abruptly texting me, that was when she disappeared?

I bite my lips, taking deep breaths. I could feel my control over my body loosen. My hands cover my face as I slide down the brick wall. It's only now I'm realizing the situation.