(S2) Chapter 45 - She's Pregnant

-3 Months Later-

"Are you at the hospital?" His voice sounds immediately through the phone, you sigh as you play with the hem of your shirt while you lay down on the hospital couch.

"Yes."

"You've been at the hospital all week." His pouting voice sank into your heart.

"You know how I feel about this."

"Yeah, I get it. I'm just worried about you."

"I know.." He sighs through the phone, I could hear movement from his end when he speaks

"I'm going to visit my sisters tomorrow."

"Oh. Right." You mumble, a little shocked.

It was a few moments until you remember why.

His fathers death anniversary.

"Did you want to come? I mean, I know it might be a little awkward or odd but-"

"Of course I'll come, I have to meet my fiancé's family after all. All of them." Your last words silenced the male, but you could practically feel the painful smile through the phone.

"Can I come over tonight?"

"Of course. I'll be home in a few hours."

"I love you." His honey voice replies. You smile, before quickly returning the affection.

"I love you too."

You put your phone back in your bag, and look back to the center of the room where an occupied hospital bed remained.

You sigh, looking at the person who had molded themselves to the blankets, who was wrapped in wires and tubes filled with medicines. The occasional beep of the heart monitor keeps you sane, but the deepest pit of your mind expects the sound to eventually become silent.

And that's supported by the medical records and updated you've been hearing of from the doctors. The fact he's been in a coma for this long and the fact his injuries are in critical parts of his body.

They've already recommended to pull the plug many times. That he will only stay in pain if we keep him here.

But you can't bear to let him go, for some reason you just can't.

He looked after you for so many years, he protected you until you finally got home. Then the he started to go insane, almost like you. But, he couldn't control it.

The last words that he spoke to you engraved themselves in your mind. Being stuck on loop that is so piercing that it would never let you hear anything else.

"Don't stop Fighting."
"I Love You."

And each time you remember his body bleeding out as he said that, it almost make you break back into your old self.

But Taehyung wouldn't let you.

After a few hours it had slowly become dark out, you almost didn't notice until you walk outside reluctantly after telling Baekhyun to hold on for a few days while you were gone.

You had texted Taehyung asking if he could pick you up and take you home, since he wanted to stay the night.

He's been doing that much more often nowadays, he's also been more in his mind than usual, and you assumed it was his father. And every time you tried to ask, he would brush it off and say it's nothing, quickly distracting you with a joke or asking you a random question. And once he even tried to kiss you but you caught on to what he was doing and stopped him. But that only seemed to make him more upset.