(S2) Chapter 25 - Trouble

Rain taps on the windows, gentle beats that pace my breath.

Other than that, it was silent.

He didn't speak, and you didn't either.

After you asked him, he just went silent. His body slumped against the wall. His eyes shut softly and his hands each beside him. Giving him the least support.

Your eyes studies him, how his looks changed over time. How he looks matured. That he looks scarred.

But what really caught your eyes, was that he looked scared.

Scared of you?

Scared of him?

He's terrified to move.

Your body sat against his wooden desk, a simple blue lava lamp was the only thing that lit the room along with the desperate gray that seeped through the blinds, shadows falling down the walls of the sky's tears.

"Are you not gonna tell me?"

"Why act like you care?"

"Maybe because I do."

He laughs

"You told me the others sent you here, now you're hiding pepper spray. Don't make me look like a fool."

"You are." His eyes snap open, you hit a nerve.

But you continue.

"You're sitting there with the most defeated look, not doing anything to speak about your problems while you suffer alone. You think you're the only one with problems?! Yes, yours are severe. But I'm struggling with a nightmare that haunts me every day! So stop acting so pathetic alone."

He doesn't move, he doesn't blink. Absorbing every word you spoke.

It was silent. You took deep breaths, your body stiffens when he sits up straight.

"I don't think you understand."

"Make me understand." He snarls, leaning back against the wall.

"I tried to kill you, I hurt you so many times. I don't think you get how much that hurt me. How much I wish I could go back and reverse it all. But no, while you're out making new friends I'm stuck here in this stupid body trapping me from seeing you." He suddenly moves his arm, a sharp clang rang in the room when he reveals handcuffs, attached to his wrist and the pipes that came out from the wall.

"I will die rather than hurt you again. This is what I deserve for what I've done to you."

Your head was pounding, your eyes shined, examining the chain that trapped him there.

You couldn't imagine being in his position, so terrified that you would chain yourself to die. It made you think of everything he has done, how he has suffered, and you never realized. We're both a f*cking mess.

"Baekhyun.." You were about to move closer.

"NO! Stay away from me! I can't- I can't control myself when you're around. I don't want to-" his head falls, biting his lip.

He was defeated.

"I'm so scared."

His eyes widen when your arms trap him against you. His body violently shaking.

"I know, I know you are. I'm scared too. " your eyes shut, your head rested on his shoulder. His hand turning white from gripping the chain.

"Y/n, stop. I'm not safe. So stop it." He whimpers.