(S2) Chapter 13 - I Care.

Your body flings itself upwards in the sheets, you breath heavily and your body is begging for strength.

You're in your bedroom, again.

It terrified you, you scan the place for Taehyung, in fear.

It terrified you that he will now be a thing to worry about.

You hear your phone ring and notice it was 11:35 AM in the morning.

You also see that Taehyung was calling you.

It's okay, you're awake now.

You grab your phone and slowly answer it. You could hear background noise of people talking and dance in the background. He must in the training room.

"H-hello?" Your voice cracks, and it is noticeably husky. And you can hear the surprise in his voice when he hears you.

You must have been crying in your sleep last night.

"Y/n? Did you just wake up?" His voice.

"Yeah actually." You yawn, you felt like you didn't sleep at all, which was often for you when you had nightmares, usually you could easily try to forget them, but this last one was haunting you.

Because he is one of the only people you truly love, and now he is coming after him too.

"Lucky, I didn't get much sleep last night, we were busy pre-recording and now we are about to leave for the airport.

"Oh right, I forgot." You say dumbfounded. You actually forgot that he was going to the airport today.

~~~

-Tae's pov-

"Oh right, I forgot." I can't help but to feel like something is off, something is wrong. I can tell in her voice, and she feels distant, emotionally.

But I'm afraid to say anything about it, I don't want to force her to say anything when I'm away and can't be there to help. I don't want to make it worse.

So I don't say a thing.

"What are you doing today? "

"Nothing really,"

"Oh, I see."

Think of something to say, say something-

"Tae?" Her soft voice was a melody I wish I could repeat.

"Hm?"

"I love you, I love you so much." She says, each time she says it, it makes my heart beat a few beats faster. I smile, imagining herself saying it, being able to feel her aura, it was something I missed.

"I know, I love you too."

"Text me when you arrive at the airport?"

"Of course~"

"I'll be waiting for that text."

"Taehyung! Come on, we're going to be late!"

"Go away squirt." I wave Jimin off, before putting my attention to the call

"Squirt? You didn't tell me you made a new nick name to chimmy?" She coos and I scoff

"It's not a good thing."

"You're so thoughtful."

"I'm hanging up."

"Mhm, now go back to your squirt," I don't even realize when I hang up, and I suddenly feel regret as I look at the phone

"Man, I didn't know you got so sensitive over me." He teases

"Get over here!" I scream running after him, down the halls.

~~~

It was the next day, we had just got back from performing some songs at random show places. Needless to say, I was exhausted like the rest of us.

I walk down the hallways of the hotel when I suddenly hear crying from one of our rooms.

I turn my head to look and see that the door was slightly open. It was Jimin and Sohyun's room.

Jimin was downstairs.

I slowly walk up to the door and open it a crack, enough for me to see.

"Sohyun?" I call, and I head the crying stop for a moment.

"T-Taehyung?" I slowly walk inside and see her curled up on the bed, her knees tucked with her arms and her eyes red, tears staining her cheeks.

It's like I freeze, seeing her so broken in front of me. I shut the door and rush over to her, sitting on the bed beside her.

"Sohyun? What's wrong? What happened? Are you okay?" I ask repeatedly, she just shakes her head and looks down away from my gaze.

"Go away, stop acting like you care." She snaps venom, and I can't help but to feel hurt by her words.

"I do care, I care a lot about you Sohyun, why can't you see that?"

"You don't, you don't care for me. Nobody does. "

"I do, I do care for you." I grab her cheeks to make her look at me.

Stop crying, stop it.

"If you did- y-you wouldn't have broken up with m-me." She whimpers, before crying more.

I just sigh, I don't know what to say.

"I broke up with you almost 6 months ago, I told you to move on over a guy like me. And just because I broke up with you doesn't mean I don't care for you at all."

"B-but, when you care for someone, you a-aren't supposed to hurt them." She bites her lip, shivering.

"I never meant to hurt you, I never wanted to hurt you. Can't you see that seeing you like this hurts me as well?"

"What does she have that I don't Taehyung?" She whimpers, looking at me deeply, serving for answers she was desperate for.

"Sohyun.."

"Tell me, I need to know. What can I change for you to love me again? Please, I don't know how I can move on, I've tried yet every time I look at you it's like not a day has passed, every time I hear your voice I want to melt into it. It hurts Taehyung, it hurts when I see you with her, talking to her and acting like we used to. I'm that easy to replace? "

"No, it wasn't Sohyun. I was selfish when I was away from you for that long. I just... moved on without knowing. And I didn't know until I saw you again. It wasn't easy at all after that."

She looks away from me, almost refusing to hear what she heard.

"Get out, I don't want to see you. I hate you, I hate you so much. I should have never met you, if I never met you, you would have never been as successful as you are now. You wouldn't have met her either, you would have been nothing. Like you are making me feel now." I clench my fist, holding my breath at her words. I know she's just upset, but I know those words mean something to her.

"Sohyun, I have to thank you for a lot of things, I really do, but I can't give you what you want. I'm sorry, but you will move on eventually, and it's okay to cry a little every now and then-" I take a deep breath, keeping everything I feel right now contained. "And if you ever need to talk about it, we're all here for you. We all care about you."

She stays silent, only looking down at her feet, processing my words in her mind.

And with that, I leave and shut the door.