Chapter 22 "Happiness Never Lasts"

"Tae, why did you bring me here?" You ask, confused at the situation.

The shining sand crunched under your bare toes with each step, the only sound heard was the waves hitting the shore.

He didn't answer though, his grasp of your hand suddenly feeling weak. And you become worried.

"Tae, what's wrong?" you ask reaching for his arm until he suddenly pulls away from your grasp suddenly walking away from you.

You watch his path until he crouches down by the shore, staying there with the wind blowing his caramel hair in random paths.

His eyes trained on each wave that lands on the land, forgetting your presence.

You feel your heart clench seeing the eyes of his become harden and glossy. 

Why is he crying?

You take a deep breath before walking over to him slowly, the waves matching the rhythm of your footsteps. You crouch down beside him and look at him with soft eyes.

You were to nervous to say anything, Why am i so awkward with this? Why can't i help?

"I want to help Tae." Is all you could say before his glossy eyes meet yours.

"How?" His deep voice evident, masked with a wavering worry.

"Tell me why you are like this. You have to trust me Taehyung, i want to help you, i really do. But you have to tell me before i can." You explain softly before moving your hand to his cheek using your thumb to remove tears from his cheeks that trickled from my sentence.

"I-I can't." He stutters before taking deep breaths. Slowly become more ragged.

Seeing his state you become more worried with each breath seeing him looking at you with so much desperation.

"Tae.." You coo, in a melodic tone. Trying to sooth him. But failing.

He suddenly pulls you into him, his arms gripping your back as his head lands into your neck, breathing heavily, sobbing. Your eyes widen but quickly pat his back softly moving your hand up and down his back in a rhythm. His sobs breaking as he takes deep breaths.

"It's okay Taehyung, you can cry. I'll be right here until you feel better." You move your hand to his hair softly playing with it as his head rests on your shoulder still gripping you tightly.

But he suddenly moves back letting you see his wet stained cheeks and his red eyes, but he grabs your hand suddenly feeling something there.

He looks down playing with his fingers trying to calm himself but still crying as you look at your palm.

There was a charm, a metal charm that had words marked on it. It was in a oval shape and was grey in color. It looked used, with etches and scratches on it. You look at Taehyung questioningly but his eyes aren't looking into your anymore.

You look at the charm again, and this time, looking at the words.

Your breath catches in your throat once you see it.

Park Sohyun X Kim Taehyung
Happy 1 year anniversary!

"It- it washed up on the shore a few days ago, i thought i could forget but- I can't!" he cries

Sohyun? Was she his girlfriend? Is this why he was so out of it these past few days? And i never asked? 

"Taehyung.. She is probably still ok-"

"No! She can't be okay, she promised me she would never take that off! She would never take it off unless something happened to her!" He cries, anger flashes in his eyes.

"Taehyung, please. You don't know that-" You try to calm him but he suddenly snaps at you

"Shut up! You don't know anything about me! You don't know how she was like! If she was here i wouldn't need you, all you do is give me false hope! All i ever do is take care of you and your perfect ass! You don't put ANY effort in! Why did i ever even have hope in the first place!" He screams at you, loud. Louder than you ever heard him yell. And it was at you.

Every word hit you, over and over again. Feeling chains wrap around you with each time he yells venom, they get tighter with each insult. With each comparison, came guilt.

"I've been so blind, i know that Taehyung. I've been so accupied with jin that i-"

"At least you got to see the one you care about most! Mine is dead in that water! Stop acting like your life is so much more important than ours, you're so selfish!" Tears stream down his cheeks, in fury. He stands up and starts running into the trees, dodging them barely, tears blinding him.

And you sit there, not knowing what to do, think. Only some tears are all you can manage, as you curl up into the ball. All his words flashing through your mind. The scenes that play with it too, showing each reason he yelled was true.

You've been selfish. Focused on other things rather than the boy who was suffering beside you.

That day on the path, he was sad, yet you didn't ask. You only sat there next to him, scared to pry as he cried. The questions you asked, you never asked what had been bothering him. 

Since Jin came back he's been quiet, you got your brother while he still has no siblings beside him. Or Sohyun ..

You look at your palm, he forgot to take it back. Your fingers trace over her name, in awe.

"He misses you a lot you know? It seems like i can't comfort him like you did. You better be safe right now, and not in that water. " You gulp

"Have you been searching for him? Is that why you let this go in the water? Is this a message?" You wonder, flipping the charm over in your hand.

That's when you see a small engraved message, very light.

I'm still here.