Chapter 36 "Same Yet Different Feelings"

He was back, he was finally back. Breathing American air.. it was the best feeling ever. He couldn't help but to look around, it's been over five years since he had been here, since the ship departed and was headed back to Korea. The tall buildings and the shiny cars were something he hadn't seen in so long. He was 15 when he was here last, now he's 20. Or at least that's what they said when he got back.

The boys were busy calling their family and friends who all thought it was a evil joke, a prank. But once they finally realized they started booking the boys flights to Korea. Not ships this time. He was never going near one again.

Taehyung had yet to call his family, it was just his mom when he last been here. Before he vanished. But he doesn't know her number now, and the police were planning a flight and finding a call number for her. As a 'I'm sorry for getting you stuck on a island for 5 years' gift.

he was thankful, but he didn't want to go so soon. He wanted to wait here for a while, he wanted to find Sohyun, but.. to also get you back. The rescue crew had went back a few times already overnight but they hadn't brought back y/n yet. Which made him scared. But they haven't searched the whole island yet. So there was a little hope left. And he was holding onto that desperately. Jin had remained at the phone booth, probably speaking to your parents. I can't imagine how much worry he's going through now too.

"Taehyung!" Jimin calls, making Taehyung look up at him, Jimin was now dressed in a black t-shirt and blue jeans, his hair was now finally brushed and looked.. normal for once. Unlike Taehyung, who had still worn his torn hoodie and jeans, his hair messy but the hood of his hoodie covered most of it.

"Hm?" I hum

"Guess who is heading back to Korea tomorrow~" he giggles, placing himself next to him in the soft leather seats. It almost seemed like Jimin got used to this quickly, like it was so easy to grab his old life back. But Taehyung knew it would take him a while to get used to this life again. Not having to worry about dying everyday by a clan with sharp things.

"Congrats." I pat his shoulder and he smiles.

"It's been so long, I can't believe it." He looks around the place in amazement. They finally made it.

"I know right? It's surreal." I agree

"Y/n really did find that blackbox. I owe her so much." The mention of her name immediately brought darkness to my eyes, and Jimin seemed to notice

"Dude, she's going to be fine. I've seen what she can do. She's probably congratulating herself in a tree waiting for a helicopter. So you don't have to worry, you can kiss her lips again~" he teases making me glare at him

"It's not-"

"Save it, I know you like her, it's so obvious." He chuckles leaning back running his hand through his hair. I was about to deny it but his statement made me think. Do I like her that way? I mean, I know I kissed her.. but..

"You're thinking about it right now. Which means you care enough to be careful. Which also means, you like her. Point has been proven." I sigh

"Maybe."

"Maybe? I actually got a maybe? Woah, I'm good at this!" He pats his shoulder, congratulating himself.

"Shut up." I groan out, but I can't help but to smile.

"You're blushing! Oh my gosh, Taehyung actually has a crush!" I shove his shoulder

"Staaahhhp." I slap his shoulder a few times making him laugh

"No wonder Y/n likes you, you like to hit people too." I scoff

"Taehyung?" A soft voice echoed in his ear, soft, almost like a whisper. That voice.. he hasn't heard in so long