(S2) Chapter 40 - "I Can't Believe You"

You sat on an iron chair, that was freezing due to the stations temperature. You shivered as you tried to rub your arms to warm yourself... and to distract yourself.

The station was madness, all officers chasing after this man named "JaeHwa." Now knowing that he is dangerous, not just to me.

"He's shot 2 security guards who tried to stop him from leaving, they're alive, but barely." Minho continues rambling as he fumbles through the papers on his desk, mingyu standing beside him looking st each report carefully while you watched the both of them from across the desk.

You were so nervous, about everything. That everything was your fault, the guilt ripping at your insides.

But knowing that Taehyung and the others are coming scared you.

You told them that it wasn't a good idea, that it would only put them in danger if they're close to me. But they demanded everyone you are close to be put under watch, therefore, you're staying at the station until he's caught.

You didn't even notice you were so lost in your mind that it took mingyu to wave his hand in front of your face for you to snap out of it, finally seeing him standing beside you.

"Hey, you okay?" You scoff

"How could I be?" He sighs at your response, patting your shoulder.

"At least act like it, youre making my personal bubble contaminated." Minho snaps, rubbing his temples in stress.

"Minho-" mingyu growls, the other only rolling his eyes.

You were about to say something, but the sound of the office doors opening and tons of footsteps caught you off guard.

Really

Really off guard.

Your eyes were melting in chocolate, your heart filled with warmth that you didn't know you had. Your legs worked on their own and stood immediately, staring at the boy in front of you.

"Y/n-"

"Tae-"

You cry out every single emotion that you held as he pulled you into his arms. Your head sunk into his chest, your hands gripping around his waist, gripping his back.

"Oh my god, oh my god y/n- where have you been?" Taehyung held your shivering self tightly, calmly rubbing your back trying to soothe you.

"Hey, Hey it's okay. I'm here now love, I'm here." His voice was honey, smooth and sweet that shushed all of your pain, rocking it.

"I'm so sorry, it's all my fault."

"Shh, just tell me what's been happening."

"I- I've made so many mistakes, and now someone is trying to k-kill me."

"Excuse me?" Jin snaps, popping into the room followed by the others, all in relief to see you. Taehyung gently pulls away from you, his hands still rested on your shoulders.

You were playing with the hem of your shirt, biting your lip, not knowing what to say, where to start.

"Can I say something?" Mingyu stands beside you, standing tall.

"Mingyu? What are you doing here?" Jaebum says, obviously confused.

Actually... all of them seemed confused by your relationship with mingyu.

He stood beside you, giving you a calm glance every few seconds, how close you were. You could easily feel the jealousy radiating from his body, how much he was upset was obvious.