(S2) Chapter 39 - So Close To Believing

Halloween early chapter!

Hope you have fun today~ 💜🌚

You've lost track of time while you were being cradled like a child by the boy who kept trying to convince you you were good, that everything will be okay.

He held you until he felt you unwind, till you calmed down, he pulled away from you slightly, you wiped your eyes, hiding your face from him, sniffling.

Neither of you could say anything when a knock could be heard from the door. You were already frightened, mingyu immediately stood up, walking over to the door, peeking through the peek-hole.

"Oh thank god." Your breath stiffens when he unlocks the door, opening it. Revealing a average looking man, late 20's, wearing a casual outfit but his blonde hair was tamed back, he held a briefcase that looked pretty heavy by the look of it.

"About time."

"You didn't exactly help me with your vague clues to find you."

He moves to the side, allowing the male to come inside. You stiffen and stand up, the man examined you but ignored you, like you didn't even exist, turning back to mingyu who was busy locking the door again.

"Woah, dude, it smells like a dozen people got murdered in here."

"Sorry I couldn't freshen up the place for you in time." Mingyu jokes, walking past the two of us.

You catch a glare from the male, him shamelessly examining you once more before walking towards mingyu.

"She's your client? I was expecting a little more from what I was told."

"What did you expect?"

"I don't know, but more than an emotional teenager." When he was about to sit on mingyus bed, he quickly butted in-

"I wouldn't sit there if you don't want your a** to seem like it's bled." The male cringes, standing straight, then sitting beside mingyu on your bed.

You felt out of place, invisible as the boys talked, about what to do and whatever has been happening around the office. Juicy gossip.

"If you don't mind me asking, who are you?"

"Actually, I do mind." Mingyu scoffs, elbowing the male

"This is Min Ho, basically my sidekick when I'm in a sticky situation."

"Oh, hohoho, I don't get enough credit for the amount of times Ive saved your a**."

"I don't get enough credit for dealing with your chatty mouth but i don't complain."

"Shut up."

"Guys, can you please tell me what's going on?" Mingyus eyes interlock with yours for a second before speaking, looking at Minho who pulled out his laptop from his case.

"Right, so my trusty sidekick was able to tear our wanted posters off the board, and, he was able to find the last known location of JaeHwa I'm assuming." Your eyes widen, your body fills with a dual sensation, half of relief and half of fear. Minho chuckles and nods, proving what he said true.

"And?" You bite your tongue, afraid of what he was going to say.

"It seems like, he was last seen 12 hours ago in Seoul." the male beside mingyu spoke, calmly.

"He's in Seoul?" You bite out, confused.

"Mhm, but he could be anywhere by now."

"What do you mean?" You fidget with your shirt, biting on your lip as you watch the screen brighten Minho's face.