(S2) Chapter 38 - Talk

Light seeps into my skin, my eyes absorbing the sun from the blinds.

I glance around, trying to remember what happened.

I manage to sit up half way before a groan escapes my lips and i fall back against the bed.

"F*ck, this hurts like hell." I examine my chest, seeing the makeshift wrap around me which was already painted in red. Within my pained groans I could hear a soft breathing from beside me.

Y/n laid in the bed beside me, her body curled up huddled against a pillow. She wore a new shirt then I remember her in, her body was cleaned up, unlike her old grey hoodie which I probably ruined.

Where are we?

I glance beside me seeing a note next to a pill bottle and some water.

Mingyu, I went to the store last night with the last of our money, I bought you a new shirt and some medicine along with some food, the clothes are on the dresser. Take this medicine when you wake up. Also, I had to get rid of your phone, I was worried that they would track us before we had a chance. I bought a burner phone though, just find it in one of the bags. -Y/n

I manage to sit up, reaching for the bottle of pills, pouring some in my mouth and swallowing with water.

With the energy and strength I have, I manage to sit up fully, my hands holding me up from my sides.

"Oh my god, oh my god, mingyu!?"

"It's going to be okay, just wait here, I'll get us a room. Just stay awake okay?"

"Mingyu, please. Stay with me just a little longer, please!"

Her voice rings in my head as the memories flood my mind. I look down at my wrap and the stitches she gave me.

"Okay, just- just hold on a little longer. Rose taught me some of this on the island before.."

"Okay, okay just- just stay still and grab something"

"Not bad."

I manage to stand, my arms holding onto the bed, being my braces. I push myself towards the dresser, which had bags of groceries and my bag.

I scan through each bag.

Found it.

I rip open the package, pulling out the flimsy, cheaply made, flip phone.

I turn it on, causing a screeching tone coming from the poorly made speaker.

When it finally starts, I punch in a number, walking into the bathroom and closing the door while the number is being dialed.

"Hello, this is detective Kong Min Ho, How May I assist you?"

"Minho-"

"Mingyu? Where the hell have you been? It's chaos around here- everyone's looking for you!" I can't help but to let a dry chuckle escape my lips as I lean against the bathroom wall, looking at my weak self in the mirror.

"I'm sorry, I've just been busy protecting my client. And that resulted in me being shot. So please act a little sympathetic."

"Dude, are you serious?"

"I was practically on my death bed of it wasn't for her, and she's the exact reason why I'm calling you now."

"Let me guess, you need me to smooth this out with the chief?"

"And, I need you to start and investigation into a person named JaeHwa."

"Of course, double duty. Why am I not suprised."