(S2) Chapter 21 - Preparing

Today was Friday, the last day until they had to leave for tour again.

Your heart wasn't ready, remembering what happened when they left last time. The nightmares would come back, you wouldn't have Taehyung or Jin by your side. It made you want to hibernate until they came back.

But today, Taehyung wanted to take you on an official date, when you asked him about it he said it was a surprise. He just said to dress nice and to not plan anything today.

Now, you were giddy. Your mom was helping you find a perfect outfit. She eventually found a lavender tone dress that went to your knees. She also found tan heels that you had to learn to walk in.

And for the first time in your life, your mother was teaching you how to put on make up

"Honey, you have to keep your eye open."

"You're going to paint my eyes black if I do that!" She chuckles before trying again.

"I promise no eyes are going to be painted okay? So sit still." You huff before trying your best to stay still.

"My gosh, I never realized how long your eyelashes are. They are beautiful!" She cheers, pointing towards herself. "And who can you thank for that?" She batters her eyelids making you chuckle.

"Should I.. do anything else?" You ask and she chuckles loudly

"Sweetie, we are just getting started."

~~~

"He is going to go insane."

"You think so?" She nods excited, looking you over.

You were wearing eyeliner, mascara, some soft pink lipstick that let your lips glimmer, she even took the liberty to find you some perfume. When you saw it, it awoke so many memories in you. It was the one you wanted when you were 14, you let out a breath and thank her.

"When did you get this?!" The smell was so minty, it smelled so good.

"When I got off of work when you told me you were going on your first official date." She giggles before reaching for a box behind her.

"What's that?" You tilt your head when she begins to let a smile creep onto her lips.

She walks closer to you and takes the perfume from your hands and places the small box in your hands.

"Open it." She whispers. Your heart fastened it's pace as your fingers gripped the lid and slowly opened it.

It was a silver necklace.

Your fingers gripped it softly, pulling it out of the box before noticing a heart pendent with the caption

Life is not waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain.