Chapter 26 "The Messenger"

"Why are you sorry?" He asks, pulling away from you, his hands still set on your waist.

"Because of all those things you said, I went over them in my head an-" you stop, taking a breath. You didn't know tears had streamed down your cheeks until Taehyung moved his hands to your cheek, wiping the tears off with his thumb.

"Y/n-ah.. I didn't mean anything I said. I was just.. in a really sh*tty mood, I just took it out on you. Please don't think that."

"But- it is true... I never asked about you when you were in pain,I am so selfish." You mutter. But Taehyung still shakes his head.

"It's not true. You've been all but selfish to me. You've been forgetting the good things you did for me too. Plus, I've don't some bad things to you too. We're not perfect." He reassures you.

"Like the time you let me stay with you in that cabin? Or maybe the time where you comforted me on that path? The fact that you're there, it's all I need to feel comfortable, you let me tell you anything without judging me about it. Why do you think the others let you stay here this long? With your brother too?" He jokes and you scoff, your eyes still red.

"When did this become about me? This should be about you!" You explain.

"I don't like to force conversations. So maybe that's why I focus on you rather than myself."

You just nod but look at him, you don't want to be the old you anymore. The old you left that at the old camp. Left along with the people who betrayed you. Now, you want this.

"Are you okay Tae?" You ask him gently, ruining the flow of conversation. You put your hands on his shoulders, standing straight now.

"I-I'll be fine." He smiles, but it was a fake one. You saw right through it.

"You'll see her again, I know it." You pat his hair making it ruffle a little.

"You think so?" His ears perk at your sudden confidence.

"I know so." He smiles, feeling your confident aura affect him

"Promise?" He sticks out his pinky cutely, in response you giggle and nod, wrapping your pinky around his.

"Promise."

—————

It was a few hours later, Taehyung had managed to get you to sleep after a hour of Promising he would rest too, then you finally agreed and fell asleep immediately, you were cuddled in your blankets sleeping soundly as he laid beside you, looking at the ceiling. He couldn't sleep. As much as he wanted to, his mind wouldn't stop reminding him of what happened before he got back.

—————

-Few Hours Earlier-

How did I not notice this earlier? Was I just so absorbed in being depressed to think of looking at the back? And all those things I said to her? What is wrong with me? Why did I just unleash on her? Ugh, I can't understand myself.

I put the chain in my pocket, standing up. I need to apologize to her.. as much as I'm dreading to see if she's angry at me, I mean.. she has a right to be.

"Well, it seems like you two got in a serious argument to hold that kind of grudge." I jump at the sudden voice behind me, looking back at the three who are staring back.

Oh no, not that guy..

"Did you forget me already? Oh but I thought I was so memorable." He jokes, looking at the other two beside him.

I've seen all of these people before..

"What the hell do you want?" I growl.

"Getting right to the point I see." The man beside him spoke as the girl beside him crossed her arms.

"You do know, you still destroyed our camp don't you?" Baekhyun? Was that his name?

"Yeah? So What do you want?" I repeat again. Making them angry

"Some revenge maybe? We can't let you get away so easily. We've let you and your pack of scoundrels go for 5 years, now we can't let it go now can we?" I scoff at their little threat

"You say that every year, what? Did you finally grow some balls?"

Baekhyun growls, walking towards me angrily.

"Don't forget, you still have y/n. We have a reason to go after her too." My eyes widen, wait. Did he just say that? About Y/n?

"You wouldn't. Plus, she didn't leave, you f*cks kicked her out in the first place!" I yell.

"But she joined your clan didn't she? So we have to go after now right? Can't leave anyone 'that dumb' behind. "He says mimicking me.

I feel anger rush through me, how can he just turn on her just like that? All betrayers. Every last one of them.

"I'm glad I got her out of there, wouldn't want to ruin her brain anymore with your sick minds." I growl. But Baekhyun pushes me to the ground.

He sent a hard kick to my stomach, making me groan loudly in pain. He sent another after another until I felt numb. One of his clan mates pulled him away from me, saying something that I couldn't understand. I couldn't understand anything. The pain in my stomach distracted me from anything else. I couldn't even defend myself.

But the pain only got worse as a foot stood on my stomach once again. Turns out the other man took time to speak to me, How wonderful.

"Listen here. When you get back to your group, tell them they have limited time to protect themselves. We will end them. Every single one."

He got off of me, signaling his members to follow him away but I wanted to know one last thing.

"Then why didn't you kill me?" I ask, out of breath.

"Oh, we wouldn't want to kill the messenger would we?"

———

I'm sorry if this book is cringeworthy, I'm trying not to be that way but it's just happens. I hope the next few chapters will become better.