Chapter 3 "That's gonna bruise."

"Can you just follow on the path please?" Tao scolds Jaebum who was wondering across the path, and back. Making you nervous along with the scolding.

"Look, you're making her uncomfortable." Rose slaps his shoulder making him let out a 'ooff'

You just bite you lip following behind. Scared to see what challenge this was going to be. You already made it to the new camp. Which was basically empty besides some old beaten down cabins from the old clan we defeated. But it was something. Along with a week supply of food before we start to starve.

"Okay, here. This should be good enough." Tao nods, examining the tall tree before him.

"Are you serious?" Rose mutters. Crossing her arms. "Are we seriously climbing a tree for our challenge?"

"Are you judging my teaching techniques?" Tao turns back facing his group.

"No sir.." she states sarcastically, glancing at jaebum.

"Good, now who wants to go first?" He glances us all in the eye, waiting for a brave responder.

"No offers? Okay, let's start with the omega first." He points at you then at the tree.

You point at yourself mouthing a 'me?'. Of course no one high up really called omegas by their names. But if they know you enough then they start to call you by your name.

"Yes you. Now climb." He coldly spat.

You walk through the glares and cloud of amusement. You grab the first branch before taking a deep breath.

"How far you wanna bet?" Jaebum whispers to Rose who only elbows his stomach in response.

You place your foot against the tree and start to scramble to pull yourself up but after a moment of fear your foot makes it to the first branch you started at.

You take a deep breath before beginning the same process up the tree, only making it a few branches at a time.

That was until, a branch broke under your sudden weight resulting in you falling, scraping your arms and legs against the firm branches.

You groan in pain when your back hits the hard forest floor. Feeling your body become numb with the pain.

"Ouch, that's gotta hurt."

"Shut up jaebum." Rose scolds before coming close to you.

"You okay.. uh, omega?" She asks awkwardly before you just nod before sitting up.

Yep, your back is gonna bruise real good. You're not even worried about the scratches on your limbs.

"Well, I guess you made it high enough to pass." Tao shrugs before blowing off your wounds. Letting rose deal with it.

"Let's get you back, I'll help you." She smiles, before helping you up.

————

Well isn't that cute?

She only made it.1,2,3,4... 5 branches before falling.

She seems like a good target.

I should investigate a little more.