(S2) Chapter 6 - Knocked Down

"Okay, how about this, 4 of us take one lane and the rest take the other. Simple enough?" Hobi offers, simple nods follow from everyone else.

You had made it finally to the bowling alley, you were close to Taehyung, but not quite. You wanted him to have fun with his friends as well, you didn't want to be the center of attention, you still feel like when he is near you and his friends you try to step back a bit.

So you stood against the table tying your bowling shoes, the lanes have been divided

Lane 1- Jin, Namjoon, Yoongi and hobi
Lane 2- Jimin, Sohyun, Taehyung, Jungkook and You.

Jimin set up the score board and went to find us some bowling balls. You decide to go ahead and look for your own leaving Jungkook, Tae and Sohyun alone. You try many of them and end up with the perfect one. You were never really good at bowling, but you are decent.

You walk back to the table and place your ball on the rack, Jimin doing the same.

"Who's going first?" Tae asks as we all approach the table

"Rock, paper, scissors?" Jimin proposes resulting in everyone putting their hands out.

One by one, one of us got thrown out until Jungkook was the one left.

"Of course the king of bowling gets to go first." Jimin scoffs

"Watch my greatness." Jungkook coos, you sit down on your chair since you were last up.

You watch carefully his moves, he swiftly swings the ball down the lane, leaving 4 pins up.

"Pfft, I can do better than that." Taehyung teases.

"Yeah? We'll see about that." Jungkook mocks and proceeds to knock the rest down. Leaving the rest in hidden awe.

"I'm next!" Sohyun cheers, walking up to the alley, you swear for a moment,

That Jungkook and Sohyun's eyes met.

Just for a moment.

You swear you saw a spark in their eyes.

"If she gets a strike right as you said that.." Tae chuckles, Jungkook only rolls his eyes and sits down in front of you, his eyes latch with yours for a moment

And you swear you see them filled with worry.

~~~

"Oh how did we know? Of course kook won!" Jimin sarcastically cheers, the game resulted in Jungkook winning, Tae and Jimin with a tie, you and Sohyun were close but you beat her by 13 points.

She did not seem pleased.

It was already 9 PM and the boys had to go back to their dorm to be ready to leave tomorrow morning for the airport.

And then the 4 months of darkness will begin.

"Come on guys, I'll drop the girls off at their homes on the way." Jin explains, putting his bowling ball away.

"Actually, Sohyun is going to stay the night, I'll drop her off in the morning." As if she can't be more attached. You've noticed how clingy she is with the boys, she's known them for who knows how long, she seems to rely on them. It makes you wonder what she is to all of them, a sister?

But when she gets closer to Taehyung is when it starts to make you cling to the feeling of more than that.

The feeling they spread when they are all together is something you have never felt before. It's powerful, it's a family. And you can't help but to feel out of place.

These guys knew one another before, and you crashed into them when you were desperate.

It makes you wonder what you are to them.

Are you really friends to them? Or are you just a tag along due to the island.

And it hits you.

The darkness, The developing feeling of worthlessness, the feeling of being out of place, the feeling of being unwanted-

S*it.

You can't stop yourself from biting your lip to keep it shut, to stop the desperate feeling of letting air through.

I hate my mind, I hate it so much. Leave me alone, I don't want to have this right now.

This anxiety.. this anxiety is taking over.

"I'll wait outside." Was all you say to Jin before running away from the group who were distracted with namjoons difficulties of dropping the bowling ball on the floor.

He saw your trembling lip, your shaky voice, and he knew something was wrong. His mind went into protect mode immediately.

"Guys, I'm going to wait outside. Wait here." Jin commands making all their heads snap from happy to worry in a matter of seconds due to the harsh command.

"Why?" Yoongi asks, his legs resting on the table. He notices their eyes scanning him.

"Just stay here, I'll be back soon." He starts to rush after where you went and he hears complaints from behind him.

"Hey! We're going to be late!"

"Why is he the only one with a license?"

He exits the doors and looks around, hoping to see your green eyes somewhere near. But he sees nothing, he walks up to the car and looks around again, nothing.

He stands still for a moment until he hears a harsh breath before a crash from the side of the building.

"Y/n!?" He rushes to the sound and sure enough he sees your small curled form gripping on to a knocked over can, it being crushed and your knuckles turning white. Your eyes clenched shut, desperate to hide the faces, your other hand clenching your hair, wanting to tune out the voices.

He's never seen anything like it.

He runs to you, his arms wrapping around you, your voice coming out in mumbles.

"I can't stop my mind"

"It hurts, make it stop. I don't want this"

"I never wanted to be like this."

"Why am I like this?"

He shushes you, cradling you like a small puppy that hadn't been fed in weeks, holding you softly and softening your cries with his voice.

"Calm down, it's okay, it alright-"

"No jin- no it's not. It won't leave me alone. It won't- ahh!" You scream, throwing the crushed can that was once in your hand across the parking lot, the scrapes of the can against the ground rang loudly in the small ally.

It was the first time he saw you this.. troubled.

"What? What won't leave you alone?"

"Him, he won't. He comes when I'm most vulnerable, I hate him. I hate him so much." You clench onto his shirt tightly, trying to tune his voice out.

You like the darkness? Do you? Does it make you anxious? Afraid for my arrival?

Good.

"Who's he? Do I have to hurt someone?" Like you could, was what he expected you to say. But what he got instead was,

"I already did."