Chapter 3: Welcome Home, Otosan!...Not

Why would a one month old infant need to be prepared, you ask?

     Because I'm not an infant. Or, at least, an ordinary one. I don't know what I would prepare, but I will think of something later.

     It was the next day. After leaving the training grounds, I was tired so Mother brought me to the room to nap.

     I woke up hours later and the sun was about to set, my favorite time watching Glaedis to the right of the window and Saedli go to the left. They never set in one direction, but rose at sun rise from one side and went to the peak in the sky, then set in an opposite side like a T. Having two suns was something extraordinary for me, a former Earthling.

     There was nothing like it, watching the yellow and white sons bathe everything in a myriad of colors from their magical properties. As it was still winter, Saedli was dominant and it was not very warm. Ice crystals were already forming on the flower beds below, the stars peaking out on either side of the sun as to not be out done. Truly something I would want to see for a very long time.

     After watching the sun set while sitting in my white crib, I tucked myself back in and fell asleep. Mother had been watching me do this curiously, probably wondering why I was so quiet and focused, and how I was able to tuck myself in. I have no excuses. Don't think I'm possessed by a demon or anything. Just think that babies are amazing and don't sacrifice me to your gods, since everyone here is über religious.

     The next day, when we got up, the whole household was clamouring. Maids were rushing around the halls, knights shining and polishing their armor as much as possible. Even Madtin, who kept a steady and cool demeanor, was fast walking around the halls while giving curt commands.

     "What are you doing?" Mother asked while yawning to Thérèse. Thérèse smiled at seeing this level of comfortability, as always. She was my absolute favorite person even if I didn't see her often. Sorry Mom, but manhandling me has put you somewhere around three or four on my ranking.

     Thérèse came into our room everything morning to tend to us as the "Lady's Maid" and also took the place of the "Nursery Maid" in name only since my mother wanted to take care of me herself. God help me.

     But Thérèse's stats were unexpected to me when I looked at them for the first time:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Thérèse de Murovilla     Age: 21 (30-Hidden)      Race: Human

Main Job: Lady's Maid     Current Job: Second Watcher of Firea-Madeline de Libellule (Former: B rank adventurer)

Status: Maid (Bodyguard-Hidden)

Title: None

Lvl: 15 (former 80-Hidden, former B-)

HP: 54 MP: 78 STR: 43 VIT: 64 DEX: 88 AGI: 23 INT: 90 LUC: 78

Attributes: Wind, Darkness

Skills: Cleaning, Cooking, Stoking Fires, Caretaking, Calming, +5 others (Assassination, Silencing, Intelligence Collecting, Weapon Mastery, +9 others-Hidden)

Condition: Normal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     ...What is with this level of normalcy and extreme abnormalness??? I thought she was just a maid!

     Her eyes flashed to me for a brief second which made me tense up, but when she just saw me dazed and looking at the ceiling, she removed her wariness and looked away. But that look in her eyes was something else.